PDA

View Full Version : Put cockpit sounds on your PC.

rob99
9th Sep 2000, 13:14
In case anyone would like to know where to get hold of cockpit sounds, to replace the boring sounds that Windows plays when you make a mistake.

Go to
http://www.planecrashinfo.com/sounds.htm

Of course I assume that you know how to store them on your computer. If not just let me know and I'll draw up some instructions.

Rob99.

Flying Clog
9th Sep 2000, 21:13
Instructions please!

DreamCatcher
10th Sep 2000, 14:34
Click on the link and it won't go through - neither typing direct into address bar. Anyone else had (got) the problem?

------------------
PistonBroke

rob99
10th Sep 2000, 15:38
I just tried the link and although the site exists, for some weired reason it just doesnt go though. Try later I reckon...

Instructions
============

1. Convert the .ram in to .wav using a shareware program called ra2wav (do a search for your nearest FTP site)

OR better still...

Go to
www.btinternet.com/~peartmotors/images/temp (http://www.btinternet.com/~peartmotors/images/temp)

where you will find the .wav files already converted.

Save them onto your MS-Windows computer in a folder called

C:/windows/media

(if you did not call your windows directory windows then you know what to do anyway!)

2. Copy them by moving mouse over one of the files, click right mouse button, select "save as", and put in the above folder name. Repeat to copy other files.

2. Once the files are in the folder called media you need to tell windows that you want to use them instead of the old ones.

3. So, Goto your "Control Panel" and click on "Sounds".

4. Choose an event name such as Critical Stop, and click browse to change the associated sound file to the new sound.

Yep. I wrote these instructions in 30s and assume the world uses Windows 98. Sorry.

Rob99

Bokkerijder
10th Sep 2000, 21:24
THX Rob !

------------------
¡ Yo quiero Taco Bell !

Flying Clog
10th Sep 2000, 23:01
Cheers Rob, it worked perfectly!

------------------
Steady on old chap!

[This message has been edited by Flying Clog (edited 10 September 2000).]