PDA

View Full Version : Formulas

CY333
28th May 2008, 18:06
Hi all.
Just wondering, if in the ATPL exams you need to know all the formulas of the syllabus by heart.
Various subjects have quite a few so it would be nice if you could shed some light.
Thanks

deltaxray
28th May 2008, 19:16
Pretty much. Theres the ones you always use like departure, convergency, rate/radius of turn and of course the lift formula but alot of them can be derived from eachother. If you learn one you can manipulate it yourself in the exam if you know how. Saves you learning loads but make sure you know how to manipulate them correctly before you walk into the exam:ok:

Zyox
28th May 2008, 20:02
Here's a nice wee PDF I found in my travels. Summaries for each subject incl the formulas you'll need. Good for quick reference or writing them out on one sheet on their own.

I just kept a sheet for each subject of the ones I needed from going through the book/question banks. But this has most of them.

Enjoy: http://www.redbrick.dcu.ie/~zyox/ATPL%20summary.pdf

chrisbl
29th May 2008, 19:55
There are not that many formulas and if you study properly you will end up knowing them anyway. A formula is esay to remember if you understand the principles behind it. Practice practice practice.