View Full Version : easy on the trigger

tomthepilot
14th Sep 2001, 01:46
i'm sure this has been debated b4 so excuse the newcomer

thing is i'm embarking on the whole MSFlight Simulator 2000 jolly and need advise on which joystick to go for

i've done the intial research but i guess what i'm asking is do you need to go for the 360 degree thing in transair or flyingshop.com or will the MS Sidewinder Precision II suffice? on a further note, would anyone really recommend getting the triple lever pro yoke?

ultimate goal is to get the best set-up for the least money so any advice would be well received

cheers guys

What_does_this_button_do?
14th Sep 2001, 15:11
I've got the MS Precision Pro forcefeedback. Works very well - no regrets!

Pengineer
14th Sep 2001, 23:54
I bought a Microsoft Sidewinder etc etc, I spent a weekend trying to get it to work, updating drivers, following the vast troubleshooting on the MS website about the problems associated with it, eventually it suggested I buy a new soundcard!
I then found a few threads here with exactly the same problems I had.
SOOOoo I brought it back to the shop and with no quibble they let me swap it for a Logitech Wingman extreme digital with twisty handle rudder thingy, it was half the price, worked first time and is absolutely brilliant, highhly recommended!
http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/mica/FarSgoof.gif
Pengineer

WhiteSail
15th Sep 2001, 00:57
Me too,Pengineer.

I bought a Logitech Wingman Extreme for my son.

It works very well, although, I haven't yet worked out all the options that are available.

No problems installing though. Worked first time.

tony draper
15th Sep 2001, 12:33
Suncom make some goodstuff, military style joystick, split throttle if like multi engines, more buttons and functions than you can shake a stick at.
Robust looks the part and quite cheap,and best of all, no complex programing required,
that can be a pain in the arse.
Tried the lot over the years,Saitex,Thrustmaster, Suncom, they all seem to have a finite life time due to heavy mechanical use, the pots go, but if your handy with a soldering iron they are not that difficult to replace.