PDA

View Full Version : How green is your driving?

airborne_artist
28th May 2008, 13:40
There's an estate near us that produces kids with excellent green credentials. Rather than wait for a formal launch, they have started their own involuntary car-share scheme, and always manage to ensure that they fill all the seats in the car with others who want to get to the same destination, thus reducing their personal carbon footprint to a minimum.

When they've arrived, they simply leave the car for the next group of people to make use of it. I understand that there is no joining fee, and members do not need to contribute to running costs, which makes it accessible to all income levels. Additionally there seems to be a positive encouragement for those with no educational attainment to join.

As a result, police now spend more time catching more wealthy, better educated drivers when they commit offences that are far more socially and environmentally damaging, such as exceeding the speed limit.

Dushan
28th May 2008, 13:47
started their own involuntary car-share scheme

What the f*** is an "involuntary car-share scheme"? We call that car-jacking, or maybe in this case kidnapping?

Why is it more socially and environmentally damaging to be "wealthy, better educated" .

Greens just wind me up....

Effluent Man
28th May 2008, 13:50
I've heard of this scheme.I understand that as an enhancement they are also encouraged to do their shopping outside peak periods,thereby reducing the risk of stress on retail employees who are safely backed into a siding at Nodsville Central at their favourite shopping times.

The only insect swimming in the Savlon is their tendency to use gas guzzling 4x4's for their trips.

airborne_artist
28th May 2008, 13:54
Why is it more socially and environmentally damaging to be "wealthy, better educated"

If you don't know the answer, it's clear that the Noo Liabour programme has yet to be fully effective in your case. Please watch all Government websites 24/7 until your treatment regime has taken effect.

BBE777
28th May 2008, 13:55
WEEEEEEHEEEEE!!!!

What a cool idea!!!! where is that? i want to join!!! hehehe

and talking about economy in other thread, we get this fantastic post

:ok:

G-CPTN
28th May 2008, 13:56
When they've arrived, they simply leave the car for the next group of people to make use of it.I thought they usually set fire to the vehicle, thus ensuring a reduction in the number of vehicles polluting the highways . . .

Effluent Man
28th May 2008, 14:00
BBE..Where is that? Almost certainly coming to an estate near you soon.(PS Not Norfolk,we have Tony Martin)

airborne_artist
28th May 2008, 14:02
I thought they usually set fire to the vehicle, thus ensuring a reduction in the number of vehicles polluting the highways . . .

Not quite the right nomenclature. It's now called the involuntary vehicle decommissioning scheme. Payments to the owner of the vehicle are made by their insurance company less an amount previously called the insurance excess figure, now called an environmental improvement levy.

BBE777
28th May 2008, 14:06
huh!:confused: