PDA

View Full Version : mcc at parc

macflea
28th May 2008, 12:08
hi guys,

is the mcc at parc aviation in dublin worth the 5000 euros when i can head across to the uk and save 1500 euros.accommodations will costs will be the same and so will transport costs as i dont live in dublin.
what exactly is done on an mcc course, do you fly routes ,learn about the 737-200, what is the syllabus ?their brouchure says cockpit resource management , fatigue the usual stuff.?does any one have a blog on their training experiance thet they would share
cheers macflea

Parson
28th May 2008, 13:03
'tis a while since I went there, but from my experience they cover the MCC theory over the first 3 days, then teach you how to pass a sim check over the next 5 - of course, this covers flying MCC aspects as well. You can get cheaper MCC's, but depends on what you want. They did (and probably still do) have contacts with Ryanair and other Irish airlines. When I was there, all the instructors were airline captains or training captains and one was a CP. Some guys skipped a sim check with FR and went straight to interview, if that's your preference.

If you do a search, there are a few previous threads.

Platinum206
17th Jul 2008, 20:30
Hey guys, just wanted to bring this to the top of the lsit rather than starting an new thread thats similar.

Heading there soon my self, would absolutley really appreciate, and so would others i'm sure if someone took the time to go into a bit more details??

Thasnk to the replies above already, they helped, but I'm hungry for more!

Tks,
P206