PDA

View Full Version : A380 cockpit - worth a look

Pedota
28th May 2008, 12:06
This is a nice panoramic view of the cockpit . . . but what is the story with the 'laptop' in what was once the flight engineer's position?

http://www.gillesvidal.com/blogpano/cockpit1.htm

Lasiorhinus
28th May 2008, 12:48
That was Dr Killer's input in the design process. Its for the pilots to get onto PPRuNe in the cruise.

PyroTek
28th May 2008, 14:36
Definitely the Dr's Idea.

When I last saw the Bo, I was wondering how much persuasion the Dr. had to give to the instruments to want to fit together so well!

could be a fun aircraft to fly!

lazysundays
28th May 2008, 14:41
Perhaps it's a Black Box 'disguised' as an F/E console?

juliet
28th May 2008, 20:54
Have noticed that all the flash new aircraft these days are offering a HUD as an option. Why though only on the Skippers side?

The advantage of the HUD is that it keeps you looking outside and not inside for pretty much all operations, normal and emergency.

Any clues as to why we are only getting the one HUD on the types such as the A380?

BraceBrace
28th May 2008, 21:06
Someone should confirm this, but I've heard in a lecture the ground engineers have a pc to "read" the aircraft systems in case some troubleshooting is required. They can check pretty much everything through the pc.

Bula
28th May 2008, 21:49
The HUD is especially useful during low vis operations. Most low vis operations will have the captain as the pilot flying. Due to the costs involved it not a bad idea.

Far out... an airbus always looks like an airbus no matter how advanced.