PDA

View Full Version : Weight on wheels at 3/4 Lift speed and Rotation

BGRing
28th May 2008, 10:43
hehe.
I have been annoying pilots for the past 7 months with variations on this one.
Wont tell you just yet how it came about.
but for now.

(Usual 747 or 737 or 777 320 pilots)
I have asked about 400 of them
40 got it or pointed at the way to do it.
100 said they were to tired after a 12-16 hr day
100 said they were just waking up and there brain had not switched on just yet.
80 odd said "Don't ask me!, I'm just a pilot"
the remainder just ignored me from then on :)

Here it is in its final Revise.

Please Excuse the Sexist tone, most of the pilots were men. and so I will point it out as if the FO and Captain were Men (Some were women and on those time I changed the story a little)

Hypothetical.
(your Aircraft has a Live weight read-out on the Instrument panel and it is in Kg , it is the SUM total of all the Oleos, IE if the aircraft was picked up by the Belly, the Readout would be 0 and if you lift the nose by the fuse the weight would transfer to the rear (Main) oleos and the readout would be near the same) as passengers walk on and off the Plane you can see the weight increase decrease with the weight of each person.

The Captain says he will give the FO a Go at take off today. and so there they were at the end of the runway ready for take off.

The FO has had a wonderful weekend, spent it with a wonderful partner in the woods somewhere , they had been doing touch and goes for most of the weekend and a littlie flying here and there. and so his mind was not completely on the job.

Here is what happened.

Half way down the runway the FO rotates early. (Still got the feel for the Cessna) and did not realize. The captain realized!, and before the Tail struck the runway he Stopped the Rotation and throttled off immediately to abort the take off. He quickly checked the Speed (Later on it was figured as 3/4 of the Stall speed < Or more correctly Lift=Weight Speed > )The Captain did not particularly like the FO and wanted to make a report. he also noticed the New Digital readout of the Live weight. just as the rotation has stopped and the plane was in balance ready to Be lowered.

What was the Weight readout? at that point. (Roughly)

Intruder
28th May 2008, 14:19
Show us the CL vs airspeed curve for the wing in T/O configuration in that speed range.

603DX
28th May 2008, 16:14
0.4375 of the static value?