PDA

View Full Version : The airline world is one person smaller

Pilot DAR
27th May 2008, 23:31
For those of a time before in the Canadian airline industry, Worldways Canada is a name from the past. It was a charter airline with a few planes and a lot of spirit. Types operated included: Convair 640, Boeing 707, DC-8-63, and L1011, among others. Destinations were truly world wide.

Worldways Canada was lead by Roy T Moore, and supported by his team of operations staff, flight crew and maintenance staff. Roy had a definate leadership technique, occasionally not universally appreciated, but always effective. Worldways fell victim to the changing economics of airlines in the late 1980's

I have been told by his wife that Roy passed away this week. One of the old time airline pioneers, has moved on. I was fortunate to spend an hour with Roy a few weeks ago, sharing stories of the old days, and his thoughts on the industry today. He maintained his keen interest and insight. His health seemed a bit challenged, though he was cheerful and a pleasure to chat with.

I will miss Roy, I owe him a lot for taking me under all of those big wings all of those years ago.

Pilot DAR

dusty777
9th Jun 2008, 19:57
RIP Roy.
I flew with his wife a few times at ND some time ago and she was delightful. All the best to all who have fond memories of the good people and good times in Canadian aviation.
D7