PDA

View Full Version : Tayside Aviation - Dundee

ZuluWhiskey
27th May 2008, 18:40
Good Evening Ladies and Gents,

FAO: All Tayside Aviation (Dundee) future, current and past students, employees and anybody out there with up to date info on them.

After a search around pprune and the net, I have been unable to find very much up to date information regarding this FTO. I would be very grateful to hear any opinions regarding the CPL and IR training that they provide. All the normal parameters please... quality of instruction, aircraft, organisation etc.

All information is much appreciated.

Thanks.

ZW

preduk
27th May 2008, 18:46
From what I've heard, they are a fantastic school.

My instructor is currently in charge of the MCC course they are creating and hes a top notch guy, couldn't ask for a better instructor.

I've been told (not sure if it's true or not) that the CFI is ex-OAA, many of their students have ended up with Loganair, Scotairways and a number of other places.

They were issued with the Cadet scholarships a couple of years ago and have a number of Grob 115 aircraft.

MIKECR
27th May 2008, 20:53
Nice bunch of people, good facilities, good fleet of aircraft. 'Yes' the Head of Training is ex OAA and 'yes', many ex students as well as Instructors have ended up with Scotairways and in more recent times - Loganair.

Preduk - theyve had the cadets contract for many years. Its been the money maker for a long long time

n90bar
27th May 2008, 21:39
Live just up the road from them...very good reputation and from the 5 hours I did I found them very interested to pass on as much info as you required/desired. Having been a student at OAA too, I have heard nothing but good things for J Stewart ex OAA instructor. The new sim they have installed seems to be making the headlines aswell!

ZuluWhiskey
28th May 2008, 18:18
Thanks a lot guys. Are there are current or recent students out there who are able to go into some detail about the courses?

ZW

MIKECR
28th May 2008, 20:58
sent you a pm

757_wannabe
29th May 2008, 11:01
I did my PPL there last summer and passed first time after 47 hours. Training was excellent in the grob 115 and my instructor couldnt be faulted. i would certainly recommend doing a PPl there to anyone. Not sure whether i will do my CPL and IR up there or not at this stage but im sure if i do i will not be disappointed.

preduk
29th May 2008, 12:03
They are doing rather well, and hopefully they will expand especially with the wealth that some of the investors have.

I for one will be going there fore sure.

Irish_Stu
29th May 2008, 12:12
Sounds like a great school, only reservation I would have is the weather! I see it says they run 4 week CPL courses, can anyone comment on whether they were finished in the 4 weeks or did it run over?

RTN11
29th May 2008, 12:13
They have a facebook group which may contain some current students as members.

I only flew 14 hours with them, and I think that was in 2004, so not very up to date.