PDA

View Full Version : Private Aircraft

Magicman
27th May 2008, 15:32
Does anyone know anything regarding the logistics of importing a private aircraft into Hong Kong and keeping it at Shek Kong airfield? Is it allowed? Is it possible? What are the costs associated? Are hangars available? Thanks to all with input.

ZAGORFLY
28th May 2008, 00:34
You may ask the question to :
[email protected]
he is the president of the HKAviation Club and surely can advise you.
cheers

Magicman
28th May 2008, 01:27
Will do, Thank you.

moosp
31st May 2008, 15:42
No Francis is not the President of the HK Aviation Club. He is on the committee though.

To put a private aircraft at Shek Kong you require membership of the Aviation Club, and permission from them to put it there. The first is easy, the second more difficult. If they choose, they will then apply to the PLA Air Wing for permission for you.

You will need to assure CAD that your aircraft type has engineering cover in HK. The HKAC engineers have pretty broad experience but if you have composites or glass cockpit, like a Cirrus, there is as far as I know no cover.

There is no hangarage at Shek Kong. All aircraft are kept outside on the tarmac, with the occasional relief for the Cap 10 in the engineering hangar. The summer sun is not good for paintwork or plastics.

First of type into Hong Kong is very complicated, and CAD Airworthiness section will demand that all registration work is done through the HKAC. They will eventually put the phone down on you if you try to negotiate yourself. They will demand such things as a flight test carried out to the requirements of the UK CAA (who them in China?? Why not the CAAC requirements, which are very close to FAA?). The may require a manufacturers test pilot to do the flight test, who will have to pass the HK Air law exam before he flies in HK.

If you have an interesting machine it may be worth your while leaving it in SZX in a hangar there, and putting it on the Chinese register. An FBO is being set up with China Southern and they have smart HK managers on the case.

FWIW

Magicman
2nd Jun 2008, 01:25
Hey great tip on SZX. Do you have any detailed contact info on that operation. It sounds like that might be easier. I am not trying to start a new space race, I just want an airplane. Do you know if the Chinese authorities will recognize 'experimental' or 'homebuilt' aircraft on their registry. Thanks again.

kluge
2nd Jun 2008, 07:11
Probably easier and cheaper to do it in the Phillipines.
Of course you'll need to put the a/c in the name of a "trustworthy" local if such a thing exists.

Talk to the boys at the ultralight club in Angeles city.

BlunderBus
2nd Jun 2008, 18:19
I hope the aircraft is cat II capable.....seen the viz in china mate?