PDA

View Full Version : Flight Attendant ?

Hermie
1st May 2001, 20:49
Hi,

I didn't want to post this topic in Cabin Crew because, I doubt there will be anyone replying there !

Just wondering, does Brunei or MAS take in F/A(male) from Singapore ? If they do, what is the criteria ?

Anyone can help me out here, Thanx a bundle !

Cheers,
Herman

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera

QNH1013
2nd May 2001, 10:28
Hermie,
From what I last read in the paper when MAS advertised for Cabin Crew, one of the requirements was for being Malaysian citizen. However I don't know if they would take anyone from Singapore direct entry if they were already qualified. With MAS's typical cost cutting procedures it may be possible. RBA had info on cabin crew recruitment from their web site. I can't remember if non Bruneians were considered. Check there.

Well, if you were Singaporean, SIA would be the best choice if you'd like my opinion.

crl
2nd May 2001, 19:42
Hermie,
So far there's only one way traffic: Ex Mas crew joining SQ, haven't heard of any Singaporean joining Mas yet and they DO require applicants to be M'sian citizens.

Cheers
CRL

Hermie
2nd May 2001, 20:50
Guys,

Thank you very much !!

Anyway, I do not know if its allright to ask, how much are SQ Cabin Crew being paid ?

The basic salary ?

Allowances ?

Take for example a newbie ? Anyway, is SQ hiring Cabin Crews at the moment, or, do we have to wait for them to advertise on the newspaper ?

Thank You Very Much :)

Best Regards,
Herman

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera

QNH1013
3rd May 2001, 07:52
Hermie,
Are you in Singapore right now? If so call SIA cabin crew department for more details. The direct line is in the yellow pages even.
In Malaysia they advertise for SIA Girls very often. I cannot remember when they advertised for male crew. They seem to just want to fill their aircraft with pretty women only...probably another clever marketing ploy (so they think). Anyhow it's a good life for the guys and girls there but I cannot remember what the salary scale was. All I know is it's better than what you'd get with MAS. As with everywhere else I might add!

Hermie
3rd May 2001, 15:30
QNH1013 & The Rest,

Thank you very much for your replies. I appreciate those information. Once again, Thank you lads !

Best Regards,
Herman :)

------------------
Ad Astra Per Aspera

boeinglover
4th May 2001, 04:50
Hermie,

If you are in Sin, watch out for those classified section on the Straits Times especially recuritment section every thursday. SIA often advertise on thursday for Cabin crew. Hope this might be of some help.

Cheers,