PDA

View Full Version : JAA ATPL Examiner

thomras
27th May 2008, 12:48
I am in the process of converting my FAA ATP into JAA. So far I have completed the 14 written exams but need to do the skill test. I have 5000+ hours with 3000 on commercial jet in the US (EMB-145, NOT over 30.000Kg) which according to my research requires a skill test on the aircraft I am current on. I have a PIC or P1 proficiency check coming up and was wondering if an examiner/inspector could observe the ride and thereby complete the conversion process. That leads me to another question if there are any JAA certified examiners in the US that can do that. Please educate me if there are other easier routes to completing this process.:)
Thanks!

paul winner
27th May 2008, 21:58
www.caa.co.uk

Then type lasors in the search box and look at sect G.1.5.1

That should help

Paul
CGI
NAC Groundschool Inc

IRISHinUS
11th Jul 2008, 20:00
I don't think that answered his question at all. He is aware that he only needs the sim check. The question is where does one find an examiner in the US for the ERJ?

I have the same question, maybe we can split the cost of flying one over.

itsbrokenagain
11th Jul 2008, 22:34
Have you tried flightsafety or any of the other sim schools? they all ..almost have JAA testing approval with examiners on staff, the lasors link paul put up used to have a list of schools/sim centers out here with types and approvals. I know bombardier where I go is constantly doing jaa check rides....but of course they are the other side of the fence with the crj.

paul winner
12th Jul 2008, 01:27
Actually you are not allowed to do your check in the USA now if there is a facility in the UK.
If you check the section of lasors that I pointed you to you will see that if a facility exists in the UK then it must be carried out there.
If you type in standards document 31 in the search box on Civil Aviation Authority Home Page (http://www.caa.co.uk) you will get a list of approved TRTO's in the UK and they will provide a TRE hopefully.
I know one of my students is doing his check in the UK next month on this type so there is a facility there and the check must therefore be carried out there.

Paul Winner
CGI
NAC Groundschool Inc