PDA

View Full Version : Qantas MAN

BTNH
26th May 2008, 22:40
Is there a reason why thy did fly lhr,man,bangkok and sydney this sunday???(PR)????

Dazbo5
27th May 2008, 13:36
It was a charter flight for a large group, not a scheduled service.

Darren

MAN777
27th May 2008, 20:19
I believe it was using QF 002 as its callsign, that is not a charter, more likely a pre arranged deviation to pick up a large group.

http://www.ringwayreports.co.uk/VH-OJK_SA_250508.jpg

Ex Cargo Clown
29th May 2008, 15:27
I think it may be to do with keeping traffic rights on the route.

AircraftOperations
29th May 2008, 23:56
There is no way you would collect a large load of pax at LHR, fly up to MAN with them on board to pick up a few more and then continue as planned if it was a normal scheduled flight.

This would also not have been traffic rights related as 1 flight in a blue moon means nothing, as I understand it.

I believe it was a religious group who had a party large enough to fill the aircraft, so it made sense to take the flight from MAN.

BTNH
30th May 2008, 23:26
Thanks for that.:ok:

holyflyer
1st Jun 2008, 18:54
With World Youth Day in Sydney from 15-20 July, 125,000 international visitors expected and Qantas being the carrier expect more out of position departures in a few weeks time. Similarly with return trips.

A330ETOPS
1st Jun 2008, 20:55
I believe it was arranged for approximately 200 disabled pax:ok:

BTNH
1st Jun 2008, 23:36
That is very nice from them. :D
There are not many airlines they would do that???

Ex Cargo Clown
2nd Jun 2008, 01:57
I'm surprised "The World's favourite" didn't make them all position down on the shuttle.

mr Q
2nd Jun 2008, 11:48
I believe it was a religious group who had a party large enough to fill the aircraft,
Did not realise that any rel;igious group in England had a large enough membership to fill a 747..........

AircraftOperations
2nd Jun 2008, 19:52
That is very nice from them. :D
There are not many airlines they would do that???

Of course there are... If you can guarantee seats are filled, then you would go for it. Thye will also have charged the group accordingly.

BTNH
7th Jun 2008, 00:33
I think so price wise. It will be a fair bit more. But still they mind find that there are a lot of airports outside london.:O

Did the group contact BA (i wonder what they have said)????

angels
9th Jun 2008, 11:34
This is off thread, apologies. But how does an airline cope with 200 disabled pax? I suppose it depends on the severity of the disabilities, but isn't there a question of safety here?

It's hairy enough evacuating a full load of able-bodied pax, but 200 with disabilities must pose a severe problem.

I'm not having a pop at the disabled here, just wondering about the problems of carrying so many aboard one flight. Are there rules to cover this, or is up to the captain?