PDA

View Full Version : United Airlines - LHR

Londonlads
26th May 2008, 23:08
Met a girl the other day who was training for UAL LHR base. They must have been recruiting recently for it! But, I forgot to ask her if she knows when they will be recruiting next. Do you guys know anything?

Morgo
31st May 2008, 08:28
My GF, ex UAL CS, would be very interested if UA are indeed recruiting for their LHR base. Any more info going?

HZ123
31st May 2008, 10:55
Most of the UK & EU UA staff are USA staff that have transfered here for one reason or another, their office at Cranebank is next door and I spoke to one of their trainers who said it was unlikely they would ever recruit outside the USA initially. Apply to BA on line as we will be taking on about 7000 CC between now and 2011(At about 24 a month at the moment which means very shortly we will have to start doing about 100 a momth to make any dent in that figure.

Londonlads
5th Jun 2008, 20:33
But, this particular girl was training for UA at LHR! Could it be conversion?

flyingazorian
6th Jun 2008, 13:59
the last UK UAL Cabin Crew recruitment was in 1997. Recently we´ve had "new" crew joining us in LHR, but they tranfered in from several USA bases. Most likely the girl was talking about the B747-400 training that we´re doing at the moment (the aircraft pax cabin was reconfigured/upgraded recently). Or perhaps she was talking about RET (Recurrent Emergency Training).