PDA

View Full Version : MAS Chairman Replaced.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
14th Feb 2001, 19:55
MAS Chairman Tan Sri Tajuddin Ramli has officially been replaced by Tan Sri Azizan the Chairman of Petronas, the Malaysian oil giant, but not as Executive Chairman, also a Managing Director has been appointed his name escapes me but he is from the Finance Ministry.

The Times They Are A Changing.

And so it is coming to pass, changes are in the air and will only increase as the months go by, let us hope honesty and integrity are the agenda that the new top management team initiates and abides by to drag the debt ridden low morale airline out of its death dive, level it out and begin to climb back above the minimum safe altitude and return to a profitable status as the once great carrier was before her swan dive to over 9 Billion ringgit in losses as is the current sad state of affairs. Let us also hope that much needed in house cleaning is done and that those non performing management pilots and indeed management that has failed to deliver in all areas are swept away with the broom of change and improvement once and for all so that the culture of work ethic is changed so as to reflect productivity and accountability. May the dustpan of truth dump all that has destroyed the national carrier. Let us now observe and see if MAS can really join the global aviation community or remain a third world third rate aviation transport service.

In hope of a better future, Wooblah.

PILOST
14th Feb 2001, 20:30
All I can say for now is good riddance!May he not wreck havoc to another multinational/international Malaysian firm & plunder it.

Have to agree with Wooblah in hoping that the change will be for a better future or is it just another window dressing exercise?Only time will tell......better brace for another one folks!

Safe Flying all,
http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/cool.gif
PILOST

Iso
15th Feb 2001, 05:14
Is it not true, that our dearly departed ex Chairman, is now setting up a rival operation with MAS?

Great news to hear, lets hope you are right Wooblah. Then you can come back.

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
15th Feb 2001, 12:39
Further to my initial posting the new Managing Director is Encik Mohamad Nor he is a Chartered Accountant and holds a degree in Commerce I hope he puts his experience and knowledge in these fields to good use to reorganise, restructure and revamp MAS.

Directors that have resigned ( Resigned is a nice word for face saving in Malaysia) are
Sulaiman Sujak (The RMAF's man on the inside)
Wan Malek Ibrahim ( ex MHS and ex Mas engineer)
Wan Aisha Wan Hamid ( Celcom, no previous airline, experience once told off a F-50 Captain for for stepping down in Miri because he was out of duty time)and
Yong Ming Sang ??????(Sang his last song at MAS !!!)

The house cleaning has started at the top, a first for MAS and will certainly move from the head to the tail, thus there will be a lot of nervous managers at the present time. The information related to me was that accountability is the operative force driving the new owner of MAS, perhaps finger pointing will be the new past time for those asked to explain. I would not like to be in their shoes.

Let us see what the future holds, MAS you tough old girl it's about time we came to your aid and stopped people raping you, I hope and pray that you return to your former glory and the staff are well taken care of, even though I do not have the pleasure of working with you anymore because of the talibans that forced me to go.

Lend a helping hand chaps, Wooblah.

Skyline
19th Feb 2001, 14:49
Greetings fellow warriors!

With regards to the re-shuffling in MAS, I guess it does bring a little hope albeit short term resolution to our ailing airline, as doubtful as I may be.

Firstly, we all know an airline is terribly challenging to manage, whatmore restore it to its former glory of a once respected and profitable airline. What good does bringing in Tan Sri Azizan who doesn't have any experience in the industry do? Sitting already as Chairman of 2 massive companies (Petronas & PutraJaya) would already leave him with enough on his hands. I suppose his links with Petronas would help. After all, we know Petronas has always been the saviour of a number of government linked companies.

As for En Mohd Nor, how does a chartered accountant help resolve anything? Economics of an airline is very different.

A newspaper article once said, the reasons for Malaysia Airlines' downfall was due to unavoidable reasons. Long term loans for the purchase of new aircraft whilst pegged at USD$3.80. Failure to hedge escalating fuel prices and the reluctance of the Government to approve a long overdue fare structure for domestic flights surely isn't helping MAS's cashflow at all!

How does the re-shuffling then help improve and restore MAS to its former glory then? I strongly believe an expatriate should be brought in with relevent experience to help steer MAS onto a new independent heading. At the end of the day, the fundamental reasons why MAS isn't making money should be rectified. Changing puppets of the play doesn't neccessarily mean a change the storyline.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for clearer skies.

Fly safe!

turbosheep
19th Feb 2001, 16:30
Skyline,
I quote :
"A newspaper article once said, the reasons for Malaysia Airlines' downfall was due to unavoidable reasons. Long term loans for the purchase of new aircraft whilst pegged at USD$3.80. Failure to hedge escalating fuel prices and the reluctance of the Government to approve a long overdue fare structure for domestic flights surely isn't helping MAS's cashflow at all!"

If you think that the reason why MAS is in so deep trouble is what "the paper" said, you are so wrong.
What really brought down MAS is cronyism, bad management and terrible pilocies.

Hope better days are ahead (than again, how worse can it get ?)

Cheers.

Gen-X
20th Feb 2001, 01:57
How long will this excercise of accountabilty go on for, before everyone forgets and the same will happen again? Ahhh...how quickly they forget...

The plundering and raping of the airline will sadly continue....into someone else's pocket. It's called Deep throat thrombosis, bite big and chew harder.