PDA

View Full Version : mcc courses

macflea
26th May 2008, 13:23
hi guys

i have been doing a search on mcc courses and found several .what are peoples opinions on parc in dublin, flight training europe in jerez, european aviation in bournemouth, oxford aviation, there are probably more that i dont know of .parc is my prefered option but it so expensive compared to other establiishments. its proving to be an expensive tick in the box and i cant send cv's out till this is done.if you were back again where would you have done it?

cheers macflea

potkettleblack
26th May 2008, 14:16
its proving to be an expensive tick in the box and i cant send cv's out till this is done

Why wait? On my CV I had under my licences and ratings section, "MCC, PARC Dublin, tbc March 2007" or words to that effect. Like you say its a bit of a tick in the box although many of us landed jobs as a result of good performances on the course which got our CV's onto the right desks. Helped no end with a sim ride as well.

macflea
26th May 2008, 15:29
thanks, i thought it had to be done before applying.on most airline websites it says mcc required.

potkettleblack
26th May 2008, 18:16
In theory at least it is only required before you commence a type rating unless of course your employer provides one for you in house (very rare these days).

In anycase I would start firing off any postal applications. The web ones become a bit more tricky as you are effectively faced with lying if you don't have the MCC unless there is a way of ticking the box and adding an explanation. You could tick the MCC completed box and in the "is there anything you would like to add" section add an explanation that you will have the certificate by x date. You can't fail it after all, well in theory you can't although no doubt there is some noddy you missed a class and didn't complete:ugh: