PDA

View Full Version : 43 Air School - SA! Does JAR licenses?

andreacool
26th May 2008, 13:12
Hi guys, I was looking at the threads and I found the 43 Air School in South Africa, do any of you know if they issue JAR license? or if there is any other South African school that does it? As the prices looks really attractive compareted to USA fto's
Any experiences over there?

potkettleblack
26th May 2008, 14:18
Are they listed under the Italian CAA's list of approved JAA schools? Or the UK CAA's for that matter if you intend on getting a UK issued licence. A quick search of an authoritative document will give you the answer and potentially save you from a costly mistake.

zapoi67
9th Jun 2008, 02:08
Check this : http://www.uksa.flyer.co.uk/viaSA.pdf

aintboeingaintgoing
9th Jun 2008, 08:50
Hi,

This is something that I have spent a LOT of time trying to figure out if this option would be good or not, I was just at 43 Air school a couple of weeks back, did not actually chat to them about the JAR training, but like you say it works out at about £9000 for a MECPL IR in South Africa as compared to the £20K that it would cost here, you also have to bear in mind that you might have to do the conversion across to the full JAR IR which would cost about £5k

I posted a thread in the African section on PPRUNE last week and the response that I seemed to get was If you want to work in SA do it that way and if you want to work in UK do it in the UK, but in the same breath I have to take a loan out for the flying and every penny counts….

There is also a lot of talk about doing the JAR CPL IR in Spain which seems to be a cheaper option as well…..

Would you mind keeping me posted on your findings and I will do the same with mine

MilesDavis
9th Jun 2008, 15:58
43 Airschool do not conduct JAR ATPL training. An Irish FTO, Sigmar Aviation do conduct JAA ATPL training at the 43 Airschool. So the school is Sigmar, based at 43 if you follow.

www.jetpp.com

Hope that helps.

Leezyjet
9th Jun 2008, 22:04
Although what is annoying is that the SACAA have just changed this year to follow the JAA syllabus, but JAA is now in the process of changing to EASA !!!.

But because SA is not actually part of JAA/EASA then you only get an ICAO license that has to be converted !!!.

:ugh:

kings2tun
9th Jun 2008, 22:29
hi everyone,

i am a mechanical engineer who just graduated,
i am really interested to join an air line as a commercial pilot.

i would like to ask some information regarding selecting an ideal flying school in any region. also i have heard that the UK and Australian flying schools are really good for there service and recognition.

if any one can advice some well recognized flying academies in Australia, UK and USA with reliable costs for the service they provide, that will be a grate help(preferably Australia).

Cheers