PDA

View Full Version : Cash is the opiate of the people

Dropp the Pilot
26th May 2008, 12:19
I was just looking on the portal and I see that my EK payslip for May is $64,171 USD.

Just out of respect for the boys-in-the-white-bus on Sheik Zayed, for whom that is eleven years pay, could we perhaps have a one week moratorium on the posts concerning the high price of hamburger and the wounding expense of a round of Heineken?

No?

Didn't think so. May God have mercy on us all.

Sheikh Your Bootie
26th May 2008, 12:51
Mabrook DTP

I don't know what fleet you are on Habib, but i've been here 5 years, am LHS and am circa 25000 dits short of your total. What sooper dooper scheme are you on......????

Anyone have clue??

SyB :zzz:

fatbus
26th May 2008, 13:08
someone that has been here 15 + years/ trainer and some o/t and you can get to that total, the bonus starts getting close to 130 ++

White Knight
26th May 2008, 14:37
Well said Dropp - money ain't everything:D

mensaboy
26th May 2008, 15:42
I agree with the sentiment of concern for others who unfortunately have to work as slaves here.

My May paycheque was just over 39K USD, Gross not Net, inclusive of the largest Profit Share ever. That amounts to a whopping 25K USD difference between us ! I was quite happy until now, thanks for sucking the life out of me, haha.

Just to make sure this is clear to everyone. This includes the Profit Share for the year, the largest and probably only legitimate one ever given. (roughly 30K of the 39K)

Glorified Donkey
26th May 2008, 15:54
you made $39,000USD in one month?

dusty777
26th May 2008, 18:09
Congratulations for your large lot in life!
Should you be looking to share your good fortunes with the afore mentioned less blessed in this world, Now may be a good time to write a check to Maria Conceicao for her Dhaka project.

mensaboy
26th May 2008, 21:37
I think some are missing the point here. No offence intended but I get the generally feeling from this thread that in general some people believe that pilots are not generous.

That is not my experience at all, other than the few who go to our beach clubs and abuse the privilege and not REWARD it. I would be surprised if any other pilot is more generous and appreciative of his lot in life than I AM. But I believe, based on my friends here at EK, that we mostly do the same.

Life truly sucks for many in Dubai. I go to great lengths (which in reality is but a minor impact on my life) to help out those individuals in need. Even after being abused on the roads today, I did my best to help out those I met who I thought were in need.

Let me explain. Today I went to the local hyper-market and after I got over the idiots trying to barge in ahead of me on the road, then trying to run me over in the parking lot, I came to the conclusion that DUBAI encourages this stupid behaviour. It was like I had a bulls-eye on my truck today. The funny thing was............ that all the offending individuals were Western Expat wives, with one ME male who almost made me get out of my car to confront him.

The only reason I added to this thread was that I felt the original poster was promulgating info that might be misconstrued. What the hell was it? 64K USD in a month? Give me a break.

A typical Yank dude is going to read that and think......... my GOD, EK is the job for me. It might in fact be the job for him, but not based on that post. I just can't believe someone would post on pprune his gross wage based on the profit share.......... and then chastise the rest of us for not comprehending the plight of others. I find that offensive and quite frankly condescending.

GlueBall
27th May 2008, 05:21
"Cash is the opiate of the people."
But dwarfed by the more pervasive opiate called: Religion

axialflow
27th May 2008, 06:28
I think what he meant was he has made 64K YTD (upto May this year).

what became of Eks salary increment?

Ax

ruserious
27th May 2008, 06:45
Don't get me wrong it's a nice pay packet. But really lets keep it real, we should be getting this in our monthly pay packet, not at the end of the year. Its almost like..... we pay you 66% now and the rest at the end of the year, but only if you are a good boy/girl
The profit share is part of your wages, you earned it. Simple as that.

Check 'Six'
27th May 2008, 07:05
Enjoy the money. We deserve it. And more.

Thank You

ferhankaka
27th May 2008, 20:09
let me get this clear, u guys made 39,000$ in the month of may of this year being a pilot of the EK airlines?

tbaylx
27th May 2008, 20:27
Yes that is correct. The amount varies depending on your base salary (ie years of service, f/o or capt, trainer or not etc.)

It includes the 14 week bonus that was paid out so not every month is that good :) and i'm not entirely sure that posting the info on here was a great idea either, but what the heck....

jai6638
28th May 2008, 19:44
39,000 USD?!!! That is pretty damn good for UAE standards ain't it? When I read EK pilots complaining about their jobs and the high costs, I assumed it was much lower than 39,000!! A banker at a relatively high post in Dubai would earn around $10,000+ so 39K is pretty damn good considering that the cost of living for both the banker and the pilot will be approx the same!!!

yellowsub
29th May 2008, 03:52
We all work as slaves here, some just get more money than others.

Do you think not think there are plenty of people here who earn considerably more than us? Should they have a moratorium or what ever for week?

The amout the 'workers' get here is decided at the highest levels and is not our concern nor should you feel guilty about it.

I'm afraid all men are not created equal, it's a tough life.

Keep your money and go treat yourself.

fatbus
29th May 2008, 04:33
Local IT manager(DIC) 300 K /month ++, pilots are labour thats it,just higher paid than the street bus driver

barkingboris
29th May 2008, 09:18
Well said Glueball.
Problem is the religions are not to subtle and the cash is far more fun....
Plus its real and you can see it...

ruserious
29th May 2008, 10:12
let me get this clear, u guys made 39,000$ in the month of may of this year being a pilot of the EK airlines?
you made $39,000USD in one month?

For all you lurkers who are not quite paying attention, this is A ONE OFF PAYMENT, not our monthly salary. If we were being paid properly this would be spread out over the year

BigGeordie
29th May 2008, 12:59
It is also the biggest bonus ever paid by EK and unlikely to be repeated next year. Although we can hope...

Ghostflyer
29th May 2008, 16:19
What did the newsletter say, $10 on Oil Price costs 1 billion AED/Year.

Last year we made what 5 billion AED with a fuel price between $60 and 90. Right now it is $135 and the profit share target went up. I don't fancy our chances of any profit share unless we start wacking up the fuel surcharges. At the moment we will be looking at a loss, so next May his pay will be 11 grand...utoh