PDA

View Full Version : FIs in Oz

ltjng
26th May 2008, 11:33
What is the chance of hiring FIs from Australia for SEA operations. We are looking around the globe for qualified persons, just wondering how's the flight training market overthere now?

kalavo
26th May 2008, 11:44
Hugeeee shortage of experienced FI's around Australia at the moment. Less than 600 Grade 1's at the moment (we previously had 1600-1700).

Eight Ball
26th May 2008, 13:26
Huge shortage in the Philippines as well as most of them have been scooped up by the airlines. Flying Schools here have already resulted in paying for their instructor's rating and giving them a huge salary :ok: commensurate to JAA pay plus an hourly rate far more enticing than what the airlines can offer. Imagine a flight instructor on a SE (single engine) getting the same as an Airbus 320 F/O. :ugh: and definitely more than a F/O in a turbo prop.

Wonder what's going to happen next.

Got the horn
26th May 2008, 21:13
SEA = South East Asia?

There's a few floating around NZ

mingalababya
27th May 2008, 00:33
What is the chance of hiring FIs from Australia for SEA operations.

By SEA, do you mean China? If so, there's at least one Australian currently there. ;)

IMHO, it's not the place for building hours fast. Go there if you like to experience the culture and food, but as far as flying goes, there are better flying opportunities in Australia currently, including instructing jobs.

nomorecatering
27th May 2008, 01:23
I would be interested if the money was right, and it would have to be some VERY GOOD COIN.

ltjng
27th May 2008, 01:28
True...some are getting problems to fly the full capacity at the moment. However, not an ideal hour building situation, but some may offer airlines flying after the instructing contract.

Not many places could guarantee a job with airlines in 2 years time....

tail wheel
28th May 2008, 07:01
Itjng.

If you wish to establish whether Australia is a viable market for you to recruit Flying Instructors for China, I suggest you purchase a paid advert, providing applicants with adequate information to make a decision whether they apply - or not.

I trust you are not subtly endeavouring to solicit applicants in this Forum as well?