PDA

View Full Version : Asiana Pilot Information RQD

2XL
28th Apr 2001, 09:49
Does anyone have any info on ASIANA 767 operations?

Are they still recruiting expats?

What is the work pattern like?

Can you commute?

How is the pay/conditions?

Are they recruitng Captains and FO's ?

Thanks everyone.

46mph
28th Apr 2001, 12:58
It is still on the website of PARC

Diesel8
2nd May 2001, 18:24
Info on the A-320/321 operation would also be appreciated, I see they are seeking Captains for the Bus.

2XL
6th May 2001, 22:12
46 MPH thanks for the PARC tip, but I was seeking the unofficial guide to conditions. That is to say info from "live" ASIANA crew.

Email me if you would rather not post, thanks.

Zandor
7th May 2001, 05:17
Yes, they are still looking for 767 pilots.
A friend of mine is "trying" to work for them, he started his training in Feb but he has not finished yet. He doesn't know why they need urgently new pilots because everyone needs to complete an extense evaluation before flying solo. A lot of Asian or ex-military bureaucracy....

2XL
7th May 2001, 19:56
Zandor is your friend a Captain or FO under training with Asiana.

How does the Asiana pay/conditions compare to Korean Air ?

Zandor
8th May 2001, 04:17
2XL,
I haven't talked about salary because he's still waiting to complete his training but I think it's around US$8,000 (for captains) when flying the line. Another friend is flying 737 and gets around 6,000/month. I haven't heard so many complaints about this job yet. I know that some pilots failed during screening tests others during simulator and line checks and they've gone back home.

2XL
8th May 2001, 09:38
Thanks for the reply, so it looks like the pay is quite a bit less than the Air Japan contract then ?

Good luck to your mate, so do I gather it can go wobbley right up until checked to line.

Is a 3 yr contract the standard all are being offered?

1-stripper
8th May 2001, 18:21
Do they still wear that ugly brown uniform?

747400CA
13th May 2001, 04:54
Asiana now recruiting 744 captains for basings LHR, FRA, ICN, both full-time and part-time (one month on , one month off), interviews late May in London.

Details available from Parc Group.

Thanks to all.

[This message has been edited by 747400CA (edited 13 May 2001).]

autoflight
12th Jun 2001, 06:56
A321 & B767 salary is the same, tax already paid by company. Excluding any school fees, it should be possible to save USD6000 per month. B737 is USD500 less. Occasional overtime, but don't sweat on it.

8 total [per family] business class tickets on network per year.

8 Off Days per month, and it is possible to put some at month end and some of the following month's at the beginning. Morning duty before time off, and afternoon duty on return can be useful to extend the period a little. 15 days leave in first year, then 30 after that.

Rostering is reasonably friendly, but at the moment it should not really be considered as a commuting contract for these 3 types. This could change in the future.

If your family is OK with the expat lifestyle, Seoul is OK. Driving is something to get used to, but plenty of expats drive. There are lots of activities for wives, including Seoul International Women's Association, British Women's Group and Aussie Connection. Get a Tux, take her to a few fuctions each year - Irish Ball, Queen's Birthday Ball, the opera. Shopping is great. There are plenty of local & Western restaurants Its not a bad life.

Minus 23C in the winter is interesting, but apartment heating is up to it.

New car 1500cc wih insurance & tax less than 10 million Won. 2nd hand 5 years old, about 2 million Won or less. 1300 Won to the $