PDA

View Full Version : Bank Holiday weather

CherokeeDriver
26th May 2008, 10:56
Had two options today. Go flying, or take the family out to the Surrey County Show.

Both are rained off. Same as last year. What is it with Bank Holiday weather?:rolleyes:

Radar66
26th May 2008, 11:04
it's all my fault....

i decided to build a hammock on a bank holiday weekend - it was a double whammy of a rain dance.... :rolleyes:

green granite
26th May 2008, 11:11
What is it with Bank Holiday weather?

The government increase the use of CHEM trails in the run up to the bank holiday to produce rain so as to cut down peoples carbon footprint to save the planet from the ravishes of the non-existent global warming. :E

seekayess
26th May 2008, 11:13
Radar66

Looks like your fault lines were rather deep!

Out here in New Delhi, we have had more or less regular deluge of what appears to be rather unseasonal rain.

Mind you, out here, we consider this not only good, but rather EXCELLENT weather!!

:):)

Beatriz Fontana
Sadly, the lucky so and sos in the north of England are having glorious weather. My dad's in the garden planting out the bedding plants, a BBQ is planned for mid afternoon. I should have stayed up there!! :{

Brother No.2 and niece are in the South West getting rained on, too, so the Dartmoor bike ride is off. However Brother No.1 and nephews 2 and 3 are sailing off the Scottish East Coast in glorious weather.

(To complete the set, Nephew No.1 is in Madrid... lucky thing).

Parapunter
I did just lay a patio for the summer:p This could all be my fault...:uhoh:

ATNotts
26th May 2008, 11:35
Of course, if we'd held the Bank Holiday, on the correct weekend (Pentecost - or Whitsun as we call it) then the weather was fantastic.

Must be the government's fault for moving the holiday (about 35 years ago!!).

pulse1
26th May 2008, 11:41
Actually, the weather in Madrid is not that much better today. My sister had just returned from a two week windsurfing holiday in Minorca and it rained every day and they all went down with the flu. And the weather for the Monaco GP was pretty awful.

Go north.

Windy Militant
26th May 2008, 12:33
There was a study published recently that said that the particulate emissions from traffic during the week seeded the atmosphere and caused the rain during the weekends. More traffic before Bank Holiday weekends so worse weather! :hmm:;)

frostbite
26th May 2008, 12:53
Feel sorry for the organisers of the Southend air show - second year in a row they've had this foul weather - 300' cloud base last time I listened.

Krystal n chips
26th May 2008, 13:12
Whilst the Good Lord ( or whoever ) has seen fit to pŁ$s over Southern England ....:ok::E...up here in the "regions" ...love that term to define anybody who is fortunate not to live in the Sarf East......both yesterday and today the wind was, by my estimation, a good 35 / 40kts at times..enough to break a few tree branches and shed some foliage about in fact....we were in the Maritime museum in Lancaster yesterday....a rather robust building to put it mildly....and the wind was noticeable !.....no mention on the radio that I heard whilst driving of course...nothing happens on a BH after all. :rolleyes:

tony draper
26th May 2008, 13:32
Simply spiffing up here weatherwise,,tee hee, tee hee.:E

El Grifo
26th May 2008, 14:35
Never need to watch the UK Bank Holiday Weather situation.
I just count the bookings for my little sunshine villa here on Monday nights and Tuesday mornings.

Tells me all I need to know :ok:

goudie
26th May 2008, 14:44
My fault, washed the car on Friday.

redsnail
26th May 2008, 17:48
What to do when it's tipping it down and blowing a gale?

Go sail boarding of course.

Why? You're already wet and you want the wind!!

Checkers and I finished our "Start" course this weekend. :ok:

Only way to handle the British summer. :}