PDA

View Full Version : M.E. Airline Question

2000dude
26th May 2008, 05:30
1st post here, so please be gentle with me ...

I am currently a corporate pilot back in the states flying medium/large cabin jet. I have often thought of flying for EK or another M.E international carrier.

Given that I have no airline expirence, but do have about 4000 PIC in a jet with extensive international expirence, am I at all competative?

Am I crazy for even considering this? Would I be better off going the VVIP route?

I know that I am asking a lot of questions, but I truly have no idea where to start.

(I also have a young family and wife who is likes adventure)

Thanks in advance for your insite.

Beechslave
26th May 2008, 05:37
Most airlines will say on their website if they prefer airline experience. If they don't then it doesn't hurt to apply. You probably won't find a CA position though that's for sure.

Gillegan
26th May 2008, 06:06
You would be competitive for a FO position.

CatG
28th May 2008, 11:56
I'm working for one of the major co.'s in the middle east and I can let you know most airlines over here are screaming for pilots GF, EY etc ....

I someone else has said they all ask for experience but if I was you I'd definately go to the websites of all the international airlines over here and fill out the application forms for FO positions.

I can say my co. has taken on a lot of non-rated pilots to try and fill the void b/c there just doesn't seem to be enough experienced guys around.

Good luck...