PDA

View Full Version : Transmile Air & Air Asia Employment

mktong
26th Apr 2001, 19:03
Hiii Buddies!
Are they taking any direct entry co-pilot right now or in the future?
Can you guys please tell me what is the requirement for the direct entry copilot ?
I have been trying hard to figure it out,but i cant.i hope you guys can help me!
but they way,ANY Transmile Air or Air Asia pilots out there?if yes,please help!
thank you!

Goldwing2000
27th Apr 2001, 02:46
Hi MKT,
Who knows what's going on with malaysian airlines these days. As far as the two airlines that you 've enquired are concerned their pretty closed knit in their recruitments. Traditionally they're a AIR FORCE only outfit but no doubt have developed a more civilian approach as air force guys have dwindled in numbers.
Air Asia at the moment do not have any vacancies as they have only just recruited about two months back for one pilot. As for Transmile no openings either and in any case they're looking for 700+ hours guys and preferably with some turbine time.
I hope this was useful. As for MAS who knows what the hell they want especially with that Taliban Jahudi at recruitment. You had better shave your head and grow a goti before he ever takes notice!!

--------------
If it moves then funk it!

Stratocaster
27th Apr 2001, 20:41
Didn't Transmile have a DC10 or two ???

Jollywings
27th Apr 2001, 22:27
G'day Strato and mk,

Transmile has so far 2 B727, 4 B737 and 2 Caravan to date. Recruitment wise require 800+ hours preferably turbine time (inclusive of turboprops)

Air Asia has 2 B737-300 on schedule passenger only. Recruitment wise, they are more civilised in taking low time pilots.

MAS - If you have the luck of gold or friends on the inside or uncles with big titles; by all means...... otherwise !!!

Fly Right and Be Jolly
Jolly