PDA

View Full Version : Flying at AMC Airlines in Egypt

Donkey Duke
25th May 2008, 22:49
I know they fly 737-800s to the Egyptian resorts. What is it like flying there? How are the rosters? Are there layovers? Good pay compared to Egypt Air? Cheers.

NOTSURE
30th May 2008, 09:41
C'mon Guys, someone has to have some insider info! New aircraft stil coming in. Are they hiring at the moment? Direct entry captains? What are the conditions, salary? Basing? Only Cairo, or Sharm and Hurgada as well?
:cool:

lafosse
5th Aug 2008, 16:00
Parc have recently re-advertised a one year (extendable) contract with AMC. Last I heard, it was paying US$8700 pcm, plus international standard hotel accommodation near Cairo airport (which is a considerable taxi ride from downtown Cairo).

I looked at this contract a while back, with another agency, but they were messing about regards time off. They verbally agreed 6 weeks on / 3 weeks off, but then at the last minute, said it was 6 on / 2 off, which is what I believe is generally on offer now, with free travel on AMC's network (which, as an aside, doesn't include UK).

An acquaintance told me that he worked for the airline direct many years ago and left being owed a considerable amount of money. If you go, you might want to do so via a reliable agency.

I was looking at a Cairo basing, but Hurghada might also have been available.

NG walker
12th Nov 2010, 06:32
:=
Hallo guys. Be aware with those people in AMC Airlies!!! A friend told me they just fired 5 expats Capts without any notice or even pay the salaries or tickets to back home!!! Everyone left behind the average of 30.000 usd in overtime!!!! They look friendly but at the end they take all your money!!!

Fly safe.

A330 man
12th Nov 2010, 10:14
NG walker, you said it all.

I worked for them-few years back-they paid well for the first 6 months, then salary delays and allowance cut offs were kind of routine.
I will put my evaluation for this company in points below:

The good points:
1- Very friendly atmosphere through the admin and crew.
2- Good salary as long as the planes are flying at full capacity.
3- Good hotels in HRG, SSH and LXR.
4- Not so strict in flight rules, you can do what you want as long you are safe.(I don't know if I should put this in the good or the bad side, but it worked for me, except for smoking the cockpit-that was difficult)

The bad:
1- Lies are normal behavior throughout the management( nick name is AMC Air-lies).
2- Over time payment is usually paid about 2 months late.
3- Any drop in traffic, expect a salary cut & allowance reduction and forget about the unpaid -but flown-overtime allowance of the previous months.
4- No respect for the contracts, regarding the pay, days off, notice period...etc.
5- It is a family business, the owner have 3 sons, pilots and an engineer, with all the key posts held by brothers and cousins, so if you piss off any of them, you are blacklisted within the whole family circuit.

Final conclusion:
Don't work there unless you are unemployed, running out of cash and no other options available.:=

latetonite
13th Nov 2010, 19:05
Could not have said it better..they owe me 19000 usd.:uhoh:

sherif75
5th Nov 2011, 18:33
i heard that amc airlies is shutting down any news about this

kotakota
6th Nov 2011, 04:35
Was it not owned by one of Mubaraks cronies ? Mind you , the military are still in control .