PDA

View Full Version : I got 16hr delay on my TOM flight from LGW-IBZ, Help Im Bored

ukdean
25th May 2008, 14:33
:ugh: Anyone in the know who can help out...

Radar66
25th May 2008, 14:52
Have you seen the film 'The Terminal' :confused:

Salusa
25th May 2008, 14:56
Is there not a bar there where you can wile away the hours with other patrons?

Alternatively go home and head back later.

BBE777
25th May 2008, 14:58
realy sorry for you :ugh:

god that's lots!!! how come??? where are you?? are you alone??

have you ever ....
go into a shop... stare at the security guard and go out of the shop?
haha I think the bore one in me now...:ugh:

try to make a 6 in the air with your right hand and a 9 in the air with your right foot... or just opposite circles...:}

powerstall
25th May 2008, 15:03
hmm... last time i had that much of time to waste, i went to the lounge and slept the night away, luckily i got up just in time for boarding... :ugh:

dany4kin
25th May 2008, 15:07
1) Go to cashpoint (just in case)

2) Visit car stand - 60 a ticket for a 1 in 2000 odd chance of winning a Lambo or Ferrari (not been in there for a while) and purchase if feeling lucky... with that delay you're probably not feeling lucky however...

3) See if the fountain is working; if it is throw some money in, if not, complain to nearest airport employee (not me though)

4) Visit World of Whiskies and have a look in the cigar cabinet for the world's most expensive cigars (Trinidad's; wooden box of 12 for 200 odd)

5) Head over the cross-taxiway bridge over to stands 102 etc. View from the bridge is simply superb. Keep your hands off the glass...

6) Visit youtube and type dany4kin in the search box for some average Dire Straits guitar stuff!

7) Go to the Caviar House and see if you think it's 'over-rated.'

8) Re-visit cash point (see point 7)

9) Go to bar

10) Stay in bar

11) Don't miss flight; if you do, return to bar.

Hope you get there eventually!

BBE777
25th May 2008, 15:18
3) See if the fountain is working; if it is throw some money in, if not, complain to nearest airport employee (not me though)

i think you should just look for something to complain!...

COMPLAIN!... dirty toilet, cold food, slipy floors, is too cold/warm

there's fun vid in youtube...
whose line is it anyway... is funny :}

BBE777
25th May 2008, 16:38
6) Visit youtube and type dany4kin in the search box for some average Dire Straits guitar stuff!

hehe.. you rule!
the live ones dont sound great, but the other sound cool

nice plays :)

dany4kin
25th May 2008, 16:44
Cheers mate! Going to see the man himself on Tuesday at the Royal Albert.... can't wait!

srobarts
25th May 2008, 17:18
check out fellow travelers who are in same predicament, when the airline give you the vouchers go and have a meal together. I have met some superb traveling companions when suffering flight delays. It passes the time much quicker and you may well find a drinking companion for the rest of your trip.

tony draper
25th May 2008, 17:23
Go by sea, flyin just int natural.:rolleyes:

stevo110
27th May 2008, 14:56
Ain,t you got anything better to do with your time:sad::sad:
Take it your a man with nooo life!!!!! Go and get yourself one mate:\:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

SLFguy
27th May 2008, 17:01
Lol - nice first post... my you are gonna fit in just fine...:rolleyes:

tinpis
27th May 2008, 22:09
Still there? :uhoh:

G-CPTN
27th May 2008, 22:15
I wondered whether the 'Anyone in the know who can help out...' was aimed at resolving the delay or providing a solution for the boredom.