PDA

View Full Version : Getting into Singapore

JoeCo
13th Feb 2001, 21:16
Been to Singapore twice and loved it!! I would love to experience living and working there.

Anyone know what it would take to get into Singapore and on with a carrier.

I have very little knowledge in this area so ANY advice, company names, contacts, etc. would be a great help.

Thanks in advance,

New York Pilot
15th Feb 2001, 02:23
Please, anybody who even thinks of coming to Singapore to fly should first read within this Far East forumn, dated 8 Aug. 2000, the topic: Thoughts from an almost SIA Pilot. Its all here young man, all the information you need.

If you still decide to try, good luck, you will need it.

titan
15th Feb 2001, 04:12
JoeCo:
The problem is not getting in to Singapore, its how can you get out. Now you are either incapable of comprehending all that is said about SIA here on Pprune, or .... you are SIA management who posts these open ended subjects every few weeks to gauge public perception.
If you are not Management then be careful; and if you are then where can I send the food parcel with the file?

Hotel Siera
17th Feb 2001, 21:54
I too want to get into Singapore airline one day but mainly because i am from SE asia and want to be closer to home

[This message has been edited by Hotel Siera (edited 17 February 2001).]

JoeCo
18th Feb 2001, 01:37
Who ever said I wanted in with SIA!!?? I'll have to read the Aug. 8 post, but I don't want to go airlines anyway!!

I was looking more along the lines of King Air or Bus. Jet!! Maybe a regional on a Dash?? I really don't know who or what is in Singapore and that is what I'm looking for advice on, not SIA!! Nice airline, if you're in the back!!

P.S. I'm not F@#$ing managment!!!!!

EasyGo-Lucky?
21st Feb 2001, 11:24
Joe,

96 foreign F/Os came to Singapore to live and work. As a tourist it looked pretty promising but living here is a whole different story. 84 of those F/Os have now left as quickly as possible so draw your own conclusions.

WLT
21st Feb 2001, 19:54
To all,

A very junior bus driver I am. Actually, just started to really enjoy my job a little while ago.

Was wondering how do you get info like 96 FOs joined and 84 have left? Also, how do you know that SIA management posts open-ended questions/comments regularly to get a grasp of public opinion. Hope someone clarifies.

Forget about my run-ins with Gnote ( i am a liar according to him). I am serious about this one. Appreciate some clues. Also, any comments about the news today on SIA's shortage of pilots and the 20% pay hike. Thanks a million.

WLT

PS. Only serious comments please.