PDA

View Full Version : Munstermen do it again!

Standard Noise
24th May 2008, 18:58
They've done it again, Declan Kidney's lads have won the Heineken for the second time in three years. The Millenium Stadium has become a home from home for them. And they probably had the hardest route to the final of anyone.

Well done to the men from the south end of the Emerald Isle.

mutt
24th May 2008, 20:14
Lost my voice and tomorrow my head will hurt..... what an awesome game....

Mutt

IB4138
24th May 2008, 21:00
Are they bringing it back?

Was a brilliant TV show back in the mid 60's with Herman, Lily, Grandpa, Marilyn and Eddie.

selfloadingcargo
24th May 2008, 21:51
A great result.

Now all we need is for Wasps to p*ss all over Leicester and my season is complete....

mini
26th May 2008, 23:55
From one who was there.. Awesome. The stadium moved... they better crack test it before the next event.

Well done Munster, the match video is a masterclass in patience and strategy, not pretty but nobody wins pretty, unless you're used to being in the pack, :ok:

Has there ever been such one sided support (60,000+ vs 5,000) anywhere in the sporting world?

As for the game, classic rugby union, deny possession, smash collisions, win the breakdowns, all heart & guts.

PS Knoxie, you can take yer opinions to Rugby league, with yer fancy dancing, up here its all about winning... go suck a lemon...

bar fly
27th May 2008, 15:59
I went too and the atmosphere was incredible. It was as if only Munster fans were allowed into Cardif that day. You could actually see the little section of French in the stadium when they scored, but then as soon as the game resumed they faded again into obscurity.

I've had two full days to recover now (although they were in the pub as well) and my voice still hasn't fully recovered, but it was well worth it.

:ok:

Track Coastal
27th May 2008, 16:26
Well done. Great Rugby. God, I wish I was there.

Super 14 final is this Saturday between Canterbury (NZ) and NSW (Aus) for any of you chaps up there that care to watch the 2 best teams from Australia, NZ and South Africa battle it out.

mullers
27th May 2008, 16:26
i concur with all the above! was one of the lucky ones who was there to witness a fantastic display of rugby. Lets hope Ireland can nail the Barbarians tonight as well.....

Standard Noise
27th May 2008, 20:05
Track - love watching the Super 14s, I find it flows more.
Doesn't beat an afternoon at Ravenhill watching Ulster though.

Track Coastal
31st May 2008, 11:31
love watching the Super 14s
Canterbury win their 7th championship (from 13).:{

At least we are getting their coach, to coach the Wallabies. :E