PDA

View Full Version : Simulator Logging hours?

markymark24
24th May 2008, 16:50
Hi guys
Just a quickie, I am about to do my first type rating as SIC in the States, on a Citation, now can you log those simulator hours in your actual flight time as the Sim is FAA approved etc??

What do people do, I keep hearing both arguments, some say no some say yay etc! Thoughts??

potkettleblack
25th May 2008, 18:00
If you have a US licence then you need to read the FAR's and see what the answer is. If you have a JAA licence then I wouldn't bother logging them. If you do feel compelled to write them into your logbook then make sure that they do not count towards your totals ie: mutli crew, PIC, P1/s, P/UT, Dual etc. In other words put them in as a memo only so in 10 years time you can cast your mind back with fond memories.

A certain amount of the sim hours can count towards ATPL licence issue under JAA but unless you do limited flying hours on the line then it shouldn't really be necessary to have to scratch around to count those in order to unfreeze. I think its only 50 or so anyway. As an aside I don't bother writing any of mine into my logbook from either the TR or various PC's, OPC's etc. Mind you we work pretty hard and would max out our hours each year.