PDA

View Full Version : BCFT Integrated Modular?!

Thomas_Harrison91
23rd May 2008, 16:29
Hi everyone,

I have a few queries about BCFT's JETline course (looks super by the way). Hope someone can help me out!

I'll be finishing at school this year and starting my Pilot Training.

Is the course integrated or modular? And whats the difference?

I love the look of BCFT, right up my street! Is it easy to get to and from by public transport as i don't drive.

What are the instructors like?? Nice guys?

5 weeks for a PPL, fantastic, how long did it take any jetline students, any1 do it quicker??

How many aircraft have they got? 10 or more right?

Look forward to some replies as I've pretty much decided on Jetline just want to make sure its the right choice... its a rather huge investment lol

Cheers guys

HappyFran
27th May 2008, 08:34
Hi,
I'm on the jetline course.
It is a modular programme. In UK only OAA and Cabair do the Integrated course..at considerable premium :eek:
You can do the PPL in 5 weeks at this time of year (weather issues !!).but I would in general allow/ expect to take longer. All FTO's advertise min times and costs..reality needs to creep in..it always takes longer and probably costs more !!
I am very fond of BCFT and highly rate the course so far ( now into 2nd phase of ATPL theory) and would certainly recommend it :}:)
However I note that you are up in Stockbridge, have you been down to Old Sarum (Salisbury), they also do a PPL. I am doing some hours building there and highly rate there instructors, I did a flight check with (Masab..wrong spelling !!)...excellent !
Nothing wrong with doing PPL and hours at Old Sarum and then ATPL theory..ME,CPL,IR at Bcft.
If can be of help / advise will be happy to oblige :}

heli_port
27th May 2008, 09:36
Read the following thread first:

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131649

The following document lists the UKCAA approved flight training organisations, i would suggest you read it...

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/33/Approved%20Organisations%20Doc%2031%20v85.pdf

camel toe
27th May 2008, 12:55
Pretty rubbish public transport links, think you might struggle without a car.

PPL at BCFT and PPL at BFC can be quite a different experience so I'm told. Although quite a few aircraft (you may have old brochure which says they have more than they have at the moment) between them, have heard stories of aircraft going tech at BCFT with one happily sitting over the other side at BFC, often left to the student to arrange to go get it.

5 weeks is a minimum and it will depend on many things including weather, instructor availability, aircraft availability and how many other students are flying at the time.

The Jetline course looks quite good on paper but if you are unhappy and want to change schools after ground school you might lose a bit of cash. My advice would be to do PPL somewhere close to home at your own pace and enjoy it, then enrol at groundschool, after 6 months there you will know whether you want to do the flying with them or not. That's exactly what I did and while I do think the ground school is good, I decided to go elsewhere for CPL and IR.

Don't be tricked into the marketing spin about "continuity of training, and one training provider" which they sometimes give, this ONLY counts for CPL and IR, doesn't matter AT ALL where you do your PPL and groundschool. Just make sure you do your CPL and IR at the same place, that is what costs the big bucks and in my opinion is the most important to get the right place for you.

HappyFran is that really you or is it dad of HappyFran :)

dand07
30th Aug 2008, 20:31
Camel toe is that you spanish man or is it you manchester boy or is it you scottish girl----------------who is the camel toe?

dand07
30th Aug 2008, 20:33
Aha I read carefully its manchester man isnt it!

maxdrypower
2nd Sep 2008, 17:39
Whcih one are you talkign about Mr D theres two of us