PDA

View Full Version : A Medical Opinion Please

Cumulogranite
23rd May 2008, 15:43
I am putting this here as it is a lot easier than trying to get into see my quack.

About 3 or 4 weeks ago I was leaving the pub (sober I might add) and was driving up the road when I started struggling to get my breath a little. You know when you beath in deeply and at the end it's like your breath goes over a ledge (hard to describe really) but it wouldn't. It was that I couldn't get a really deep breath. It went away after a couple of minutes but since then I have been having the same problem along with getting out of breath doing things like runnig upstairs, things that I did before without a problem.

In addition I also now have copious amounts of gas, from both ends and when I eat a big meal I feel bloated rather than full up, again was ok before leaving the pub that night. Otherwise I am fit and healthy although i do smoke I have cut down by half recently.

Any suggestions what is wrong?? Thanks

cats_five
23rd May 2008, 15:46
See your doctor. He's medically qualified, most of us are not.

BTW congrats on cutting down the smoking, mega congrats if you manage to give up.

Cumulogranite
23rd May 2008, 16:40
Going to see the doc is a great idea. However if I was diagnosed with something really nasty and given less than 2 weeks to live, I doubt it would be my own quack telling me!!!!!!!

In addition to aid the diagnosis, my stomach area is a little tender as well

thanks

driftdown
24th May 2008, 17:14
Going to see a Doctor should be your first and only course of action.

Whatever the cause better to know about it than leave it to internet medics (!)

cats_five
24th May 2008, 18:11
It's unlikely to be anything really nasty, but a lot of really nasty things start out treatable and become untreatable - so please go see your doctor!

captainstoobing
24th May 2008, 21:48
I am in the medical arena. It sound like you MAY have either reflux, or a hiatus hernia, however getting a 12 lead ECG done should be a priority of yours , to rule out cardiac ischaemia/infarction.

Bad medicine
24th May 2008, 22:51
Ok, enough lay advice here all saying the same thing. Your symptoms MAY be indications of something serious. Go to the doctor and get checked out thoroughly.

Cheers,

BM