PDA

View Full Version : Moving expenses - post final tour of duty

Someone Different
23rd May 2008, 13:25
Having difficulty BFMing the various rules and regs (PSF as useful as a chocolate fire-guard) about the RAF paying for your final move 'away' from the service. Legend has it that if you are leaving at an option point, then they will pay for your move but not the disturbance allowance (which you only get if you expressed a preference in writing to be somewhere else for your last tour - would have been nice to know!).

Anyone had any recent relevant experience with this?

SD

obnoxio f*ckwit
23rd May 2008, 13:57
If you stated a preference for a "final tour of duty" location before you started your current tour, but the service posted you elsewhere, then they will pay for the move. If a. they posted you to your requested location, or b. you didn't make such an election and only decided to leave once you were in your current tour, the service will not pay for any of it.

As I fall into b. above, if I'm wrong will somebody please let me know sharpish, as it will save me a lot of money if the move is paid for.

OF

Tricorn
23rd May 2008, 14:03
JSP 752 Chap 7 Sect 4 gives you all the answers :ok:.

D-IFF_ident
23rd May 2008, 14:56
The JSP is available here:

www.rafcom.co.uk/pay_allowances/pdf/JSP752.pdf

It basically says that the MoD will move you if you formally requested a location for your Final Tour of Duty, if you didn't then only if you are medically discharged. But, see also Ch 4, para 04.0103; you do get a one way warrant, or, perhaps, your bus fare home. :hmm:

Monty77
23rd May 2008, 16:14
Thanks for coming. See ya!

Pretty much the same reaction I had after 18 years service.

Couldn't believe it. Went to SHQ, asked for the PVR form. It was a 4 liner. Quicker than an Argos purchase. Compare that with the nausea of clearing a Station.

Everyone hated me anyway, so that's OK.

I'm very rich now, by the way.

(And I'm NOT a Harrier pilot)

tradewind
23rd May 2008, 16:31
Also worth mentioning that aswell as Betty paying for your final move, she will also pay out for refund of legal expenses (subject to a max that I'm not mentioning here) if you are a houseowner. However, this is also only IF you have put the final tour of duty request in AND it has been denied.

When I did it the ruling was that if you hadn't submitted the paperwork with 18 months to go, it was deemed that you didn't care where your last tour was and you wouldn't get the money.