PDA

View Full Version : License Conversion, please help!!

Herc Jerk
11th Apr 2001, 16:43
Would any one out there have any information in regards to the possibility of converting an Australian ATPL to a Singaporean ATPL? What would i need to do?

I found the CAAS Corporate website, but was unable to find any info in regards to my question there, or in any of the links.

Is this possible for an Australian? And if so, does Singapore have the L-382 (civilian Hercules) on the register?

Thanks for your time guys and girls. Any and all replies are very much appreciated!!

Herc Jerk

Hermie
12th Apr 2001, 13:20
Hi Herc Jack,

Spot On !

Regarding your query, we will convert all valid ATPL from any ICAO contracting
states to a Singapore equivalent, provided the applicant fulfill the following
requirements :-

The Requirements, please call them and ask them, as my requirements are different !

Applicants will be required to come in person to CAAS Flight Operations Section,
during normal office hours, with his original licences, medical certificate and
all flying logbooks (certified by the relevant authorities) for verification
purposes. All flying clubs which follows ICAO flying requirements are acceptable for the conversion. CAAS have yet to approve any
flying schools which is 'recognised' for ATPL conversion.

For further information you may wish to contact at tel : (65) 5412482 or fax (65) 5456519 or in person at :-

CAAS Flight Operations Section
#046-025 Changi Airport Terminal Two
Singapore 918141

All the Best Herc Jerk, update me if you can please !

Best Regards,
Herman

Herc Jerk
12th Apr 2001, 14:46
Thanks Hermie!! Very much appreciate your help and good info.

I found some email addresses for CAAS (i think!) but have not heard back from them yet.

Do you know what is required? Do I need to sit n Air Law exam and/or flight test, or is it a straight conversion after providing the documentation and paying the applicable fees.

Thanks for the phone numbers but unfortunately i am in deepest darkest Africa until the 26th of April and can't call internationally- just grateful for internet and email!! Do you have any email addresses and contacts for CAAS?

I will most probably be in Singapore during June as things are planned now. It will be my first time there and i am very much looking forward to it!

Thanks Again,
Jerk

Hermie
13th Apr 2001, 11:19
Hi Herc Jerk,

I can do for you a favour ! Just tell me what you want to know, I'll give a call to CAAS Flight Operations and enquire about your query !

I will then take down all the information and reply to you. You will not have to wait until 26th of April and waste money doing a long distance call.

But only, if you are cool with it ! You can email me at [email protected] My name is Herman.

Hope to hear from you !

Best Regards,
Herman

Herc Jerk
13th Apr 2001, 12:59
Thanks Herman, that is very good of you. An email is coming your way.