PDA

View Full Version : Forum closures by PILLOW

titan
4th Feb 2001, 18:34
Dear Mr Sick Squid,
PILLOW has now forced the Moderators to shut down three forums. This is being used as a most effective technique to silence any criticism that is levelled against Singapore Airlines. PILLOW's postings are concise premeditated actions parading as foolishness. This is not the first time that SIA have used this type of censorship here on Pprune.
Would it not be more effective, and more in keeping with the core values of Pprune to terminate the messenger rather than the message?

Sincerely ......... Titan

Sick Squid
4th Feb 2001, 21:42
The discussions were closed down because they had moved well off topic and degenerated into little more than a slanging match between two or three individuals.

I like to think those of us in the moderators chairs are capable of taking an objective overview of discussions. I certainly have no axe to grind in the context of the Far East, so bring just such objectivity into play in here. Click here, (http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/Forum34/HTML/000269.html) and you'll link to an earlier question that prompted an outline of my, and all the various moderators' brief.

Neither you nor I possess the ability to fully second-guess posters on this site.Just remember, it takes two to tango; if you see a post by someone you disagree with, or you think someone is attempting to goad a reaction then either don't respond or just remember the following, and all will be fine....

Attack the argument, not the man

The bosses at PPruNe don't as a rule terminate messengers (however...there's an idea... :)...) just don't rise to what you perceive as bait. That is equally as effective, and we all get to live happily ever after.

And with that Gentlemen and Ladies, I'm off on holiday for a while. Please don't spill blood on this thread, it's really hard to get it out again...!

Sick Squid
Far East Forum moderator

PILLOW
5th Feb 2001, 12:03
Titan
I am honoured to make headline news . Thank you

But you were arguing for freedom of speech in your earlier posting . Surely you are not suggesting a double standard !

Lee
5th Feb 2001, 15:41
Dear Mr Pillow,

Please make a good name for yourself here in Pprune. I hope you will not cause more closures by your immature comments.

BTW, Freedom of Speech is not an excuse to attack others or post immature opinions.

Gong Xi Fa Cai Mr Pillow!

WSSS
5th Feb 2001, 16:54
Yes, I agree with Titan.... Mr Pillow (patron saint of SIA) seems intent on causing distractions by posting comments which are way off topic. Sounds like a deliberate act of sabotage to me.

Mr Squid, you can either take action, or let the Far East Forum degenerate into a newsgroup type slanging match, which of course is what Mr Pillow wishes to happen.