PDA

View Full Version : Emirates flight pay

brette
22nd May 2008, 16:00
Guys I am with United with a posibility of being laid off. Can someone please explain the difference between the salary and fligth pay. Is one guarantee and one above guarantee. Also in order who is the best to work for out of Emirates, Etihad and Qatar.

Any help would be great thanks.

Craic Ore
22nd May 2008, 16:24
Salary is exactly that, your monthly pay. On top of that you get 45dhs per hour for each hour at work flying. Average month is about 50-60 hours (incl vacation w/o flt pay) so expect to get another 2500dhs above your basic pay.

Wizofoz
22nd May 2008, 17:01
Bear in mind, brete, the EK doesn't take furloghed pilots. You have to show them proof you've resigned or been permanently seperated. Pay system is much simpler than the states- salary, flight pay ONLY when you fly, and overtime over 78hrs ACTUAL SCHEDULED FLIGHT TIME.

EGGW
23rd May 2008, 06:09
Not true Wiz, EK are Wanting the resignation letter, but there are plenty of pilots at EK who have been laid off and have seniority for rejoin @ their old companies. SAS guys come to mind...

EGGW

SOPS
23rd May 2008, 07:12
And as per another thread brette, please take note of what Craic says. Pay is simple here, there are no "trip rigs, jigs and gigs". And please remember, this is not America...it is Dubai. Do your home work well, make sure you really want to come and work and live here. Do not think you are coming to "United in the Desert"...its is Emirates in Dubai.....and you may find that the world outside of the USA is a little diffrent to what you are used to.:ok:

yada.yada.yada
23rd May 2008, 09:41
1) Etihad
2) Qatar
3) Emirates

Wizofoz
23rd May 2008, 11:29
Thanks EGGW, lets just say it's their INTENT not to take furloughed p[ilots, but there are probably ways aroundit.

Yadda, I bet you'd find it hard to find many Etihad or Qatar pilots who would agree with you!!

brette
23rd May 2008, 16:32
Thanks guys

I,m originally from NZ. Do you think it would be like going to ANZ in the desert.

Foxe
23rd May 2008, 16:58
Hey yada yada yada, the 1) 2) 3) you gave, is this the order where we should apply in middle east and why ?

trimotor
24th May 2008, 02:49
Brette - you're taking the lomng way around!

As for having to show proof of resignation - that's the way it used to be, but we KNOW that there are Air NZ guys here on leave withou pay, and as soon as that looked like a possibility EK were right into AKL with a roadshow..

Wiley
24th May 2008, 05:13
There are definitely a large number of SAS pilots in EK on leave of absence or leave without pay, whatever you want to call it. Also some ANZ pilots, I understand, and before it went titsup, Ansett unofficially parked a few people at EK, most of whom had every intention of returning to AN when the company called for them. There were also a few Brits here some years ago in a similar situation. I understand they'd come equipped with some pseudo acceptance of resignation letter from their company, but they made no secret of the real situation.

The recruiting situation today is far more critical for EK than it was only a few years ago, so my guess would be that anyone lucky enough to be in the situation of having right of return would be treated by EK a bit like the way the military used to treat homosexuals - "if you don't tell us, we won't ask you".