PDA

View Full Version : i'm l00king for jobs??

azax
22nd May 2008, 10:43
i'm a rookie pilot with an aussie cpl ... n round 35 hours m/e ifr

i'm in india right now tryin to convert into the indian cpl ...

the process takes for evr ...

how do i work in the gulf if i want to ?

wots the conversion process there like ...

and are there companies tat would hire me ??

SOPS
22nd May 2008, 10:46
suggest you brush up on the spelling first, so you can pass the English test!!

Tahir
22nd May 2008, 11:42
HaHaHa... Agree with u SOPS.And i m bemused.That he has passed his CPL exams?How?????

By the way bro good luck:ok:

JungleJett
22nd May 2008, 13:10
No reason to be a total jerko and bung hole Tahir....How do you pronounce bemused?....With a thick pakistani accent?...Do you also shake your head when you say it?...
If you are 20 as your profile indicates, you are nothing more than a second officer puck..(with all due respect to S/Os)...

This said...OZ boy, you could surely make an effort on the spelling and the form. It ain't cool to spell like an idiot...try QR Second Officer.....they might consider you.

OMDB-PiLoT
22nd May 2008, 13:16
@azax: I'm in the same boat as you. Ignore these so called English spelling experts. They are here to spam and waste resources. QR also requires ATPL, so no chance over there. Try applying for Etihad cadetship, they may shortlist you there.

Good luck.

PS. Where were you in Australia?

noflare
22nd May 2008, 15:58
With your level of experience I doubt any of the big airlines will currently be interested...you might try the turboprop operators...but without an ATPL it will be tough.
I suggest you ignore OMDB Pilot and brush up your english!

Good luck anyway

hjmemon
22nd May 2008, 16:21
@noflare,
Can you suggest which turboprop operators would be best to apply in.
Currently have FAA CPL/IR mulit and single, with CFI, CFII and MEI.
TT 910 and instructional 610. 25 on multi.
also hold Pakistani CPL/IR and frozen ATPL

Wizofoz
22nd May 2008, 17:08
azax,

I really would have thought at this stage your best bet would have been back in Aus, looking for bush charter and regional work. That's a lot more fertile that India or th ME for someone of your experience. Do you have Indian nationality? The are about to institute a ban on foreign FOs, so I'm not sure what job you think you'll get there.

As for the ME, most ex-pat jobs are for higher experienced guys, and there is little in the way of GA flying.

If it were me, I'd go home and head North.

Also, I do concur about learning how to communicate properly in written English.

Tahir
22nd May 2008, 17:16
hahaha...Yes my accent is Pakistani no doubt and i don't mind that and also a question.How do u pronounce jerko?????...Hahaha.Leave it:ok:

HJmemon are you from LFC or did your license from Schon?

jawad
22nd May 2008, 18:25
hi ..does any one know jobs ava...for low time pilots ?

Tahir
22nd May 2008, 20:10
hello,are you looking for some pilot's job in Pakistan?Do you have instructor rating or u r thinking about job as a charter pilot?

OMDB-PiLoT
22nd May 2008, 21:53
@hjmemon- Have you tried Falcon yet?

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=182777

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falcon_Express_Cargo_Airlines

OMDB-PiLoT
23rd May 2008, 03:33
To the so called "English experts" in this forum, there's a huge article in Gulf news today:

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Technology/10215461.html

The sad part is that the language has been raped and murdered twice in England, where we really expect people to speak properly! I was shocked by my recent visit there as half of the words kid spoke were in slang!

Anyhow, I apologize to get this thread off-track, but I wanted to share this article with people who believe English is everybody's mother tongue!

Wizofoz
23rd May 2008, 05:10
Nope, not everyones mother tongue- just the official language of aviation which, if I'm not mistaken, is what this forum is supposed to be about!!

camelbreath
23rd May 2008, 05:54
Exactly!:D

Tahir
23rd May 2008, 09:10
Well thanks OMDB-Pilot for that nice article.:)

OMDB-PiLoT
23rd May 2008, 09:17
People dont come here to fly planes! And is there any place where tower corrects your pronounciation or your grammar??? Dont think so! People are here to read and gossip on rumours related to Aviation from diffirent regions of the world. This is just a public forum for discussion and its very annoying when none of the initial replies are helpful. It will surely demotivate anyone from posting again. That was my whole point. Anyhow, I wouldnt like to take this thread off-topic any further.

Regards

sispanys ria
23rd May 2008, 10:54
Well english is not THE aviation official language, but ONE of the official languages... and it is not the Dubai official language, which is arabic, and arabic is also ONE ICAO aviation official language...

I'm little bit tired with these remarks usually coming from people who didn't make any effort to speak the language of the country they are living in.

I went last week to get my english level test at the emirates aviation college, and I don't understand why natives should automatically get a level 6 while some natives are not really easy to understand. I have nothing against people from Texas or Scotland, but some of them are not the easiest people to understand in a conversation. Aviation communication is not about being english native speaker or not, it's about about understanding. Some level 5 pilots are probably easier to understand than some level 6...

Tahir
23rd May 2008, 11:50
Understood:)

Wizofoz
23rd May 2008, 13:11
and it is not the Dubai official language

No, but it IS the official language of Australia, which is where the original poster is from, and is the one he will be sitting exams in and writing CVs and applications in!! It is also the official language of Emirates, and most other ME carriers.Was it really, therefore, such a xenophobic suggestion that he get a bit better at communicating clearly in it? Sans complains that native English speakers don't do so clearly, then has a go at me for suggesting an Aussie do so!!

The guy asked for Career advice, and I gave it to the best of my ability!

COP
23rd May 2008, 13:20
How about you all get something better to talk about, if this guy has no initiative to get a job then he has no hope in this industry. With his experience he would be lucky to get a job delivering papers on a push bike anyway. The answer is not always to go and try to get a jet job with zero experience. How about you try to build your way up. Going north is probably the best bet.(Oz) Take one step in front of yourself at a time not twenty. Enough.

azax
23rd May 2008, 17:26
thanks wizo!

and the rest of you all as well ...

as you can see i can spell better
just wanted to get the message across...

do you guys want me to punctuate and use CAPS as well.

probably sign out as

yours sincerely
:D

cheers

Wizofoz
23rd May 2008, 17:56
azax,

Cool.

Now if we can just convince you to use CAPITAL LETTERS where appropriate, we'll REALLY be in business!!

OMDB-PiLoT
23rd May 2008, 21:34
No, but it IS the official language of Australia, which is where the original poster is from, and is the one he will be sitting exams in and writing CVs and applications in!! It is also the official language of Emirates, and most other ME carriers.Was it really, therefore, such a xenophobic suggestion that he get a bit better at communicating clearly in it? Sans complains that native English speakers don't do so clearly, then has a go at me for suggesting an Aussie do so!!

The guy asked for Career advice, and I gave it to the best of my ability!

No offense, but I think you need to read the first post correctly! He said he is in INDIA right now and only got his license from Australia. It is also safe to assume here that the original poster is an Indian as Aussies wont go to India to convert their license (unless in a special case of direct-entry captains with lots of hours). The official language of India is HINDI.

In order for an Indian to go fly in Australia and get the visa, he/she has to sit for an IELTS exam, which is a requirement for all Indians to be proficient in English. The medium of instruction in most of the schools in India is English and is a required subject till high school (10+2). The most important requirement in order to convert any license in India is to have passed all the subjects in 10+2.

In short, your career advice was not required here and useless to the original poster. Once again, dont take any offense to my post. I just want to let you and other posters in this forum to be a little more welcoming and resourceful in future if possible.

Regards.

noflare
24th May 2008, 11:03
OMDB Pilot

I really hope the guy doesnt take any career advice from you, with your kind of attitude he will fail as soon as he opens his mouth.
If you take time to read the replies correctly I think you will find that he was told with his current experience there would be little chance of employment in the Gulf region. :ugh:

OMDB-PiLoT
24th May 2008, 11:51
OMDB Pilot

I really hope the guy doesnt take any career advice from you, with your kind of attitude he will fail as soon as he opens his mouth.
If you take time to read the replies correctly I think you will find that he was told with his current experience there would be little chance of employment in the Gulf region. :ugh:

I never said I was in a position to give any advice. I merely pointed out other members, which now includes you as well, to stop making useless remarks. I did read all the initial replies correctly and only asked the original poster to ignore the so called "English experts"! Please go back and read the posts again.

sispanys ria
24th May 2008, 11:55
It's really hard to get a job interview in the Gulf, but I think it will start changing quite soon, as long as you can save some training costs to the companies, with a type rating for instance. No matter what is your experience, the type rating comes first for a FO position. In fact, the less experience you will have, the more control over you the company will have, added to lower salaries. Low hours type rated FOs are the most welcome while experienced non rated guys will hardly get something unless they negotiate directly with the management.