PDA

View Full Version : OZ JET Perth Departure

XRlent100
22nd May 2008, 09:57
I am sure there's a noise abatement procedure at Perth requiring aircraft to depart from the full length before 0600 Local yet the OZJet crew yesterday didn't seem to know this with their intersection "D" departure at 0545. Good work

turbantime
22nd May 2008, 10:24
XR,

No requirement to use full length for departure. If I'm incorrect someone please correct me as I don't operate out of there at those times.

Mind you, I'm sure ATC would have said something if the crew were incompliant.

Are you one of those people that decided to live close to the airport and now whinge about aircraft noise hmm? :rolleyes:

Jabawocky
22nd May 2008, 10:33
An old 732.........

I think I heard it here...... at 3.45am:}

J:E

Zhaadum
22nd May 2008, 11:03
XRlent100, there are runway works on 21 at the moment with a displaced threshold set just after Delta. Would you prefer they used limited thrust and flew into a building or hill more quietly? If you dont like the aircraft noise MOVE! :mad:

XRlent100
22nd May 2008, 11:36
Idiots, I don't live next to the Airport..........:ugh: And I'm not one of those people..........Have a look at my previous posts.........

ZHAADUM, Have a look at the Notam, Displaced threshold is DAILY between 2300 and 0900 ie 0700 Local to 1700 Local. OZJet departed at 0545 Local so there was no displaced threshold.

In fact if weren't for the refuellers going to the wrong aircraft I would have departed at 0545 myself, via the full length.

Zhaadum
22nd May 2008, 12:18
Ok XRsmartass, if you don't live near the airport why the **** do you care? :confused:

ITCZ
22nd May 2008, 14:26
I am sure ....
Are you?

Nothing in the Noise Abatement Procedures:
http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/current/dap/PPHNA01-101.pdf

Nothing on the SIDs off RWY21:
http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/current/dap/PPHDP01-101.pdf
http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/current/dap/PPHDP02-112.pdf
http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/current/dap/PPHDP05-101.pdf
http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/current/dap/PPHDP10-112.pdf

Took a look in ERSA, refers back to DAP NAP:
http://www.airservices.gov.au/publications/current/ersa/FAC_YPPH_13-Mar-2008.pdf

One NOTAM that refers to intersection departures off RWY 21 is the works-in-progress:
C399/08 REVIEW C394/08
THR RWY 21 DISP 888M
(snip)
RWY 21 DEP VIA TWY NOVEMBER OR TWY DELTA ROLLING FORWARD TO
DUNN(COLOUR)START OF TKOF GABLE MARKER LEFT HAND SIDE .
(snip)
DAILY 2330/0900

Nothing in the XR Ops Manual (link not available). Oh, thats right, OzJet pilots have their own Ops Manual!

Hmm. I wonder where that pesky instruction might be hiding?

Idiots,
Quoting, probably flying I.A.W., and sledging other pilots about, rules that don't exist?

What sort of idiot would do that?

Good work, XRtwit100:ugh:

Capn Bloggs
22nd May 2008, 14:37
Not another dirty little Fokker... Must have been knocked back on his command check...

SOPS
22nd May 2008, 15:27
Bloggs...please get a grip.....

Mecarsa Bitrusty
22nd May 2008, 15:28
Man I love the sound of that thing, smoke, noise, just goes on forever, I love it!!!!!!!!!!

the wizard of auz
22nd May 2008, 16:11
Must be an experiance to fly one of those old girls.
I had one of the captains have a look through my aircraft at YCIN and comment on how much nicer my dash was compared to his in the 73. :ooh:
I reckon I could have run all day on the fuel they left behind in the smoke trails on departure. :E

Mr.Buzzy
22nd May 2008, 22:30
Yes and when that dreadful plane flew over my house "Mittens" my dear little cat was so scared, I could hear her fretting after she came rushing into bed with me.

I've also found that my plants tend grow away from the loud sound and my petunias now have a dreadful bend in thier stalks.

I'm planning to hold a tea party and garage sale this weekend and if I hear that dreadful plane again I shall be drafting a stern letter to my MP and may possibly post a picket in my front yard.

You know I bet this wouldn't happen "over East"

yarp yarp yarp yarp...................

bbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzbbbbzzzzzzzzzzz

Skystar320
22nd May 2008, 23:23
Gotta love those engines on the 732, mind you give me a JT engine on a 727

turbantime
23rd May 2008, 00:16
In fact if weren't for the refuellers going to the wrong aircraft I would have departed at 0545 myself, via the full length.

Well whoop dee doo XR. If you want to use full length then go right ahead, just don't chastise the OZjet crew for carrying out a legal departure.

It's scary that there are professional pilots like you out there that will mouth off and accuse others rather than simply check your Jepps/AIP for the correct information as ITCZ has.

Oh, and I checked my Jeppesen plate 10-4 for Perth and guess what...no requirement to carry out a full length departure for noise abatement...now that wasn't that hard was it? And I just happened to learn something new as I don't operate during those times into/out of Perth.

Capn Bloggs
23rd May 2008, 23:37
"Mittens" my dear little cat was so scared, I could hear her fretting after she came rushing into bed with me.

First furry female thing you've had in your bed for a while hey Buzzy?! :}

Ralph the Bong
24th May 2008, 01:08
I heard from someone from XR that the F100 doesnt comply with NAP anyway. As an FO under training he pointed out to the training captain that they were required to do either ICAO A or ICAO B off RWY 21. The TC said "nah at 1000' just clean it up and go to 250 kts. F100 doesnt make much noise so the procedures dont apply".

I also heard that someone with 300 hrs jet time recently re-wrote the F100 ops manual.

Mr.Buzzy
24th May 2008, 03:33
Yes Bloggs!
Have been making loud jet noises at night ever since!

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Capn Bloggs
24th May 2008, 04:11
BoeingMad,
how many other jet operators adhere to this type of agreement
Well, I'm sure that if they had an "agreement" then they would probably adhere to it. We don't and we therefore don't.

XRLent's post was plain enough to me. If he was referring to such an agreement, why didn't he mention it instead of just saying "I am sure there's a noise abatement procedure at Perth requiring aircraft to depart from the full length before 0600 Local"?

Where's that nail gun? :}

Hugh Mungus
24th May 2008, 10:50
Skystar320...I think you will find they are the same engines...only the 72 has 3...:hmm: