PDA

View Full Version : Tourist strips in wolf whistle protest

Buster Hyman
22nd May 2008, 03:27
May 22, 2008 - 11:41AM

An Israeli tourist tired of wolf whistles from road workers in New Zealand stripped off her clothes in a show of defiance, police say.
The woman was about to use an ATM in the main street of Kerikeri, in the far north of the country, when the men whistled, the New Zealand Press Association reported. She calmly stripped off, then used the cash machine, before getting dressed and walking away.
The woman told police she did not take too kindly to the whistling from the men repairing the road. "She said she had thought 'bugger them, I'll show them what I've got'," Police Sergeant Peter Masters told NZPA.
"She gave the explanation that she had been ... pestered by New Zealand men. She's not an unattractive looking lady," Masters said.
"She was taken back to the police station and spoken to and told that was inappropriate in New Zealand."
Reuters

:eek::eek::eek:LocoBloko! Cancel my AKL return & book me on the first available TLV!!!!

CargoMatatu
22nd May 2008, 04:42
Hey, Buster!

Where are the pictures? :}

Wiley
22nd May 2008, 04:48
Was she blond by any chance? (It sounds like she gave those near the ATM a chance to know for sure.)

I mean, I'm not complaining, (in fact, quite the opposite!), but her logic is somewhat flawed, don't you think? Unhappy with being harrassed by 'ignorant' Kiwi men, she 'punishes' them by... yup. Gotta say it works for me.

I've always had a soft spot (perhaps exactly the wrong word!) for Israeli women ever since I saw that movie way back in the 60's with Senta(sp??) Berger as the sunburned, scarf-wearing kibbutzim (sp?) in those tight (very) short shorts.

Buster Hyman
22nd May 2008, 05:03
Sorry MatatuMan, but this is a family site!:=

West Coast
22nd May 2008, 05:36
I guess she showed them.

(in more than one way)

John Hill
22nd May 2008, 08:54
This sort of thing seems to happen a lot in NZ, pretty foreigners coming here and throwing their clothes off.:}

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd May 2008, 09:16
Kibbutzim would be the plural of kibbutz, Mr Wiley. One who lives and labours on a kibbutz would be a kibbutznik.

...And yes, a lot of them are quite tasty but become matronly all too soon once they sprogulate.

corsair
22nd May 2008, 09:22
Wow, you mean if you whistle at women, they take their clothes off? I only find this out now! :ugh:

oldshuck
22nd May 2008, 09:25
Careful how you whistle you could finish up with a dog!

Wiley
22nd May 2008, 10:08
Thanks Twotter. I started out with "..nick' and it didn't look right, and since my Hebrew doesn't go far past Shalom and Ken, I winged it.

On to far more important things; is there someone out there who knows how to delve deeply enough into the movie database who could come up with a publicity pic of Senta Berger in that movie about early Israel where she so fetchingy (and barely) wore the short shorts? Was it 'Cast a Giant Shadow'?

Overdrive
22nd May 2008, 10:19
There's plenty on Google to go at if you search through... correct name is Senta Berger. Post a pic of the shorts if you find one..... ;)

22nd May 2008, 10:42
This was on the TV in the UK a couple of months ago.
Maybe they should try it in NZ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWCIis70YZs

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd May 2008, 11:22
B'seder, Mr Wiley. One is pretty much in the same boat. Can barely order a beer these days but spoke a lot more of it as a kid.:ok:

IFTB
22nd May 2008, 11:44
Post a pic if you find one.....
:}

http://www.cineastentreff.de/teleschau/200622/1/200622_169209_2_024.jpg

airship
22nd May 2008, 11:55
You'd have thought that in New Zealand of all places, wolf-whistles would have more likely resulted in Shep (or another sheep dog) arriving promptly with a half-dozen lovely wooly sheep (for the road builders' amusement)...at least that's what my Aussie mate Johnno just told me. ;)

S'land
22nd May 2008, 13:47
This was on the TV in the UK a couple of months ago.
Maybe they should try it in NZ.

Quote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWCIis70YZs

A certain football player might have appreciated that. :rolleyes:

Wiley
22nd May 2008, 14:07
IFTB, that's the lady, in a relatively recent photograph - and she was born in 1941. In the movie I mentioned, she was 30 or more years younger. And almost wearing those short shorts.

Overdrive
22nd May 2008, 14:17
IFTB, that's the lady. But in the movie I mentioned, she was 30 years younger.

....and I meant in the tight shorts... :{

gingernut
22nd May 2008, 20:10
Well I guess someone had to make a stand against one of our longest standing discrimatory behaviours towards women.

Lets face it,this type of primitive reaction by men towards women has to stop. It's nothing more than a form of bullying, and if we are really being honest, is nothing more than an attempted control mechanism over women.

Things move on, there's no need for this type of behaviour in todays society.

Wolf whistling is no more than sexist arrogance by the sex that has traditionally attempted to find power over the female kind.

gingernut
22nd May 2008, 20:12
PS , anyone get a photo of her t*ts?

Overdrive
22nd May 2008, 20:21
Good one gingernut.... I thought your first post was a bit serious, but I wasn't sure..... "control mechanism" :p

barry lloyd
22nd May 2008, 20:33
Wiley: Senta Berger (You're not confusing her with a fast food delivery company are you?), was in 'Cast a Giant Shadow.'

You can 'own it on DVD' as the current phraseology has it. Why not buy a copy and enjoy yourself:)