PDA

View Full Version : EU Human Rights Legislation - a consequence of thick people pretending to be clever

BlooMoo
21st May 2008, 21:30
You really couldn't make this stuff (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23486466-details/European+Court+agrees+to+hear+chimp%27s+plea+for+human+right s/article.do) up...

"Miss Stibbe, who is from Brighton but has lived in Vienna for several years, says she is not trying to get the chimp declared a human, just a person.

'Everybody who knows him personally will see him as a person,' she said."

airfoilmod
21st May 2008, 22:00
Is the Chimp gay?

Overdrive
21st May 2008, 22:41
Is the Chimp gay?

I guess Miss Stibbe is hoping not.....

oldshuck
22nd May 2008, 07:51
Doesn't look very gay he seems to have a bit of a grump on.

tony draper
22nd May 2008, 08:00
There is a entire family at the top of my road who should be reclassified as Apes.
:)

Parsnip
22nd May 2008, 08:11
Thats a scary photo...he's coming at her from behind

BlueDiamond
22nd May 2008, 08:23
'Everybody who knows him personally will see him as a person,' she said.It does not matter how many people perceive him as a person, the fact is that he is not. He is a chimpanzee and can never be anything else.

Dan D'air
22nd May 2008, 08:33
Is the Chimp gay?

No, but he is black.

FFS. I am sick of this, it is one one the worst pieces of legislation ever introduced and has served only to divide, not unite people.

Blacksheep
22nd May 2008, 08:44
What about the crocodile? Nobody cares, it seems; not even Hiasl and Rosi - even though they've lived together with the reptile for several years.

Discriminating against others on the basis of skin texture, blood temperature or dental arrangments is racism at its very worst.

Alloa Akbar
22nd May 2008, 09:05
Blimey the woman is deranged.. has she been locked up in a cellar with the chimp or summat???? :}

Beatriz Fontana
22nd May 2008, 09:20
The clue is in the name of the legislation - human rights.

Are you really telling me that lawyers and judges are going to find in favour of the primate? If we can't get the whole of human kind signed up to human rights then this waste of air is barking mad. Although some solicitor is making a pretty packet out of the legal fees ;)

Where will it end? Primate heads to Strasbourg after family is eaten by lion? That's against his human rights an' sh....

It's April 1st, isn't it?

corsair
22nd May 2008, 09:33
This is a consequence of the tendency in recent years for many people to anthropomorphise animals. Frankly it's a good idea the EU human rights commission to deal with this. It will put a stop to it once and for all.

The animal deserves protection but it doesn't have rights.

Big Tudor
22nd May 2008, 10:21
'Since he has no close relatives, I am doing this as the person closest to him.'
So if he had any relatives who were still alive would he be relying on them to fight his case then?
"Counsel for the defence would like to approch the bench m'lud. Any chance of a banana!"

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
22nd May 2008, 10:48
Where will it end? Primate heads to Strasbourg after family is eaten by lion? That's against his human rights an' sh....

Well the Archbishop of Canterbury has already written to the Primate of Nigeria!
http://www.thinkinganglicans.org.uk/archives/002382.html

jimma
22nd May 2008, 12:10
There is a great reader comment on that site...

" "Their upkeep costs 4,000 a month. "

Well, if they're people why don't they get a job and support themselves?"

S'land
22nd May 2008, 13:18
I think that everyone who is complaining about this just does not understand the real situation.

Ms (I am sure that it should be Ms and not the old fashioned Miss) Stibbe probably has a very sensible plan for this poor primate. If she can get him accorded "human" rights she will then be able to return with him to the UK. Then Matthew can apply for asylum as he cannot return to his own country due to persecution (his kidnapping as a baby testifies to this). After the due legally required time he can apply for British Citizenship. With this citizenship he can then stand for parliament, take over the leadership of his party and become Prime Minister.

At this point everyone is a winner. Ms Stibbe becomes the equivalent of First Lady, Matthew is no longer has to live as an "animal" and the UK gets a better government.

Ozzy
22nd May 2008, 14:00
So does she have a thing going on with the chimp?:confused: Or is she just thick?:confused::}

Ozzy

Effluent Man
22nd May 2008, 14:02
This seems relatively harmless to me.Someone has coughed up for his keep so he won't be asking for a handout.The chances of him trying to blow people up seems quite remote too,unlike some members of his extended family.

Lydia Dustbin
22nd May 2008, 14:26
Well if she wins and sets precedent, I am straight in there with two gerbils a rabbit, two springer spaniels and a cousin in the Royal Logistics Corps. I could be a single parent of 6 'persons' by the end of the year. Think of the family tax credits, and how easy it would be to get a council house. And of course every person is entitled to an education.