PDA

View Full Version : AOA and the nominations

stillalbatross
21st May 2008, 12:19
had a look on the AOA website, what a sad affair that forum is with four replies for the whole forum this year and largest ever number of users online was 15:( I digress, I'm just curious to know how many put their hand up for the GC and how many put their hand up for ST's job.

I'd be happy to have a go.

Numero Crunchero
21st May 2008, 15:33
23 nominations for 20 slots so we will actually have a real election for a change! Mind you, the odds are still pretty good at 20/23! The nomination for Prez is good - not me so don't worry yourself SAD!

stillalbatross
21st May 2008, 23:57
Ahh NC, just the man. watched the ass fall out of the dow last night and the fed signalled no more rate cuts. So my Q is, oil goes up so Inflation goes up so interest rates go up but there's a mighty long way before rates get close to 4 or 5 %. So, in Hong Kong could we have rising rates and still a weak dollar and what will that do to the housing market? Or the housing allowance? Will the market follow inflation or toughened borrowing?

Just sold and pondering rent or buy. Me thinks as dollar hits $140 fed can hold out no longer though it appears it's not supply but speculation that's driving oil up........................

The Management
22nd May 2008, 02:19
Just a warning to the new up and coming President and General Committee. If you follow the militant road or impede our operation in any way, we will have to sacrifice some of your members. Think very carefully the line you wish to take, employment contracts will depend on it.

Will we terminate contracts en masse? No. Will we terminate employment contracts due to sickness, not acting in he best interest of the company, missed duties, etc? Yes.

You will be afforded a Discipline and Grievance procedure conducted by your Chief Pilot or Deputy Chief Pilot (they do what they are told). You will be terminated.

The second Discipline and Grievance procedure will be conducted by the GMA. You will be terminated.

You last option is to take us to court but our pockets are deeper than yours and the AOA or the pilots will not stand with you. Most likely the pilots will be there to take your position at lower conditions.

Think carefully.

To My Bonus

The Management

jed_thrust
22nd May 2008, 07:26
Thank you for yet another threatening post.

Can you say "ILO"? (http://www.ilo.org/global/What_we_do/InternationalLabourStandards/lang--en/index.htm)

The Management
22nd May 2008, 08:24
The Cathay Pacific Group ignored the ILO in 2001, 2002, 2003, etc. It didn’t help then and it won't help now. Very laughable indeed.

Do you actually believe HKSAR cares about labour laws or what the ILO has to say? Where have you been?

You should push the AOA for a recruitment ban, maybe you can write a letter to the ILO, that will help.

I can’t actually believe you posted a reference to the ILO. You must be new. We had a good laugh at the office today.

To My Bonus.

The Management

simplex
24th May 2008, 17:15
The Management threatening? Realistic. Pay the price of being a weak dick.

Westcoastcapt
24th May 2008, 17:23
Remember the best defence is a good offence. Management is scared stiff of the labour laws as they go onshore. Let's remember this whole onshore move is due to the Croft's case in the UK.

Enjoy the ride cause it's gonna get interesting.