PDA

View Full Version : Orient Thai Airlines

JJflyer
20th Oct 2000, 23:27
Just wondering what was going on there. Have heard lots of rumours about expansion. Any truth to that.

JJ the Curious

411A
21st Oct 2000, 04:47
They need cash to expand and, knowing UDOM as I do, he may well find a patsy somewhere. We reposessed a TriStar from him a year ago September, but he has had his certificate cancelled by Thailand and has moved ops to Phnom Penh recently, I believe.

Flame Out
23rd Oct 2000, 08:29
Wrong. Their AOC is intact. They have been flying daily flight into Hong Kong CLK since the middle of July. Angel Air, Thailand's second flag carrier, has just renewed the wet lease contract up until next year. They have also been chartered by the UN and several governments worldwide under Kampuchea Airlines. Made front page of Internatioanl Helrald Tribune in Feb 2000 without having to bend the airplane (BBC and CNN also). They are alive and kicking.

Reposessed? Looks good on paper doesn't it? There is more to XU-800 (now being parted out by Tradewinds in NC) than meets the eyes. Cloak and dagger stuff. I can tell you but then I'd have to kill you. Gee, did you even know where the plane was before it mysteriously disappear from BKK?

:)

H721
23rd Oct 2000, 17:09
Her engineering chief is one of the most funny guys I've ever working with.

[This message has been edited by H721 (edited 23 October 2000).]

JJflyer
24th Oct 2000, 01:23
Are they hiring anytime soon?

JJ

411A
24th Oct 2000, 06:27
FlameOut: Sorry to disappoint you but their THAI AOC was cancelled by the Thai DGCA in August 1999. All of their flights for Angel Air are wet lease with XU registry. As for the cloak & dagger business, that is well known by many in BKK and is no secret at all. The aircraft in question, s/n 1040, was repo'd by IAL for non-payment of lease and was sold to TradeWinds earlier this year. As for working for OrientThai well, good luck getting paid on time, IF at all.

JJflyer
24th Oct 2000, 10:07
Getting paid on time... Well would be no different than with the company I am working for now.

JJ

Flame Out
25th Oct 2000, 23:47
411A, dude, it is obvious from your last post that you don't know jack squat about what's going on there. I'm not even going to bother. Then again this is a "Rumour" network isn't it.

You're not one of those guys who hangs out by the fence and remember all the a/c reg. and serial numbers by heart are you?

Vipadee Hok See See :)

Whoaaa
25th Oct 2000, 23:52
Love that B-52 on Asoke. Keep up the good work boys. We know who you are. :)

411A
26th Oct 2000, 04:27
FLAME OUT: Sorry to disappoint you again but I personally was the Captain on the repo. Udom could not pay so it was BY-BY for the airplane. And, a nice big bonus from IAL for selling the aircraft to TradeWinds. Udom will survive due to his ability to provide smoke & mirrors at the approriate time. He just ran out of luck in September 1999. Such is life :)