PDA

View Full Version : MAS Recruitment

QNH1013
17th Oct 2000, 10:25
Ok...For anyone in the know....what's going on with the latest MAS recruiting spree? For qualified low time direct entry I mean. Since they are apparantly so "short" of pilots. Anyone had their aptitudes, Sim Check and Final Interview lately, within a reasonable waiting period? And are type courses being run regularly?

With the amount of qualified Malaysians out there, and MAS's dire need for Pilots, how can they afford to pick and choose at their own sweet time at the expense of the undercrewed aircraft operations?

Cheers Everyone.

NCC-1701e
19th Oct 2000, 15:29
AFAIK, yeah type courses are being run regularly. The shortage is quite bad and no, they can't afford to pick and choose at their own sweet time. However, the delay i think, isn't because of selection time. Try internal politics or staff morale for a reason.

OldAce
29th Oct 2000, 08:46
It's an old Taliban trick to run on minimum crew where no one can go on leave. Some pilot not in their favor will be made to fly more than the usual (100-150 hours a month). If they protest they be included in the Taliban black book for future reference for promotion or extension. If they don't protest by just flying excessively against the law that too will be included in the black book. Not forgetting that they are potential for air disaster. The Taliban in the present management don't care …all they care is to get rid of all non-Taliban types from the Airline.

Off cause the Taliban group in the management at boards meeting will mention that the Airline better operate on minimum crew (or less than minimum) and minimum fuel to conserve funds. They have the clout by their numbers and will steer the outcome of any decisions.

MAS planes to London are back running to London on minimum fuel as before except that this time their diversion is to Manchester instead of Gatwick.. Still some fella are going to arrive less than 5 ton this winter.

kurmitola
30th Oct 2000, 21:41
Haaa...haaa....hha...

QNH1013
31st Oct 2000, 08:39
Care to elabotate on your humour kurmitola?
Anyway I'm *still* waiting on that Sim Check with MAS. Anyone who has done it already on the Fokker 50 have any comments on it? Much appreciated.
Regards.

Goldwing2000
31st Oct 2000, 09:10
QNH1013 drop me an email and all will be revealed.
Yeah, Kurmitola what's the joke. Would you care to share it with us!!!!! You know what they say about people laughing to themselves.

----------------
If it moves, funk it!!

OldAce
31st Oct 2000, 14:30
The laugh of a Taliban Warrior....winning his first undeclared war (they kill you in your sleep you know!).

Don't forget every dog will have his day.

occidental
31st Oct 2000, 17:14
.... and the oldass had his in the air farce.

kurmitola
31st Oct 2000, 21:36
There..you seee! Old Ass..can you comment on the recently signed MOU ? That if you are in the know...if not..hmm..I'm sure you know one!
Guys..the Sim check on the F50 is straight forward and if you have flown the 27s before you'll find this one a lot more easier during one engine inop after V1. The PW 125 is indeed a good engine even at around 20.0 tons TOW it will still climb easily on one engine. Good Luck! HDG,ASEL ARM,IAS HOLD!

OldAce
3rd Nov 2000, 06:57
For Kurmitola - the Biggest Liar East of Suez

MOU….HaHaHaHaHaHaHa…Heeeeiiiii let me have this last laugh.

Let's see what others had to say:

"That's how monkey react (in cloud nine) when they receive peanuts.EASILY PLEASED"

"If you think all MAS pilots are happy...you must be a ********! Yes true, we got some backdated pay but it's pittance compared to the guys who left for KAL and Emirates. Just compare the guys at KAL taking home roughly RM40000 on a good month and as a First Officer with Emirates taking home roughly RM18000...you must be joking, we're not even close to this scale with all the increments.
I am happy earning more than the grasscutter but I would be stupid to put myself against the scales that the guys at KAL/CAL/Emirates earn. That would be setting myself up for dissapointment."

"You must thank the guys who had left for the kachang puteh you are getting. Without that leverage even kachang hijau also you will not get."

OldAce
5th Nov 2000, 05:12
And Oh ya occidental I heard on the thread here somewhere that you are born by "accident".

Kanga767
7th Nov 2000, 14:46
how about engineers, I've got Fokker 50 engine and B737-300/400???????

bentandtwisted
8th Nov 2000, 10:42
Can anyone tell me want their Minimum Requirements are? Do you require jet time?
I've got 5000 Total time and 2000 hours Turbine and like most would like to finally get a jet job.
Thanks in advance.

joblessflyer
8th Nov 2000, 19:01
test