PDA

View Full Version : Question for Kelly Gang.

ITI_IKA
27th Jan 2001, 06:56
I have been follwing Gladiators postings with great interest I noted that his post 06 Dec re Victory for Glad V Sia has had a padlock attatched, I know the thread started out very well and then went downhill with the pi**ing match that developed. Was that the reason or was the accusation by Glad against Addinfurnigthem re possible legal implications the reason. If it was the first reason `I Had a thought that maybe two or more people could conspire to turn a thread into a pi**ing match so closing what could be a very embarrassing thread for a third party, Or am I being paraniod, but I do see a trend in threads that way, [perplexed ] "maybe I shold have stuck to paranoid" I.I.

[This message has been edited by ITI_IKA (edited 27 January 2001).]

[This message has been edited by ITI_IKA (edited 27 January 2001).]

ITI_IKA
27th Jan 2001, 12:01
I must apologise to you Sick Squid I should have directed that question to you, for some reason I thought the far east was the Kellys territory. I.I.

Sick Squid
27th Jan 2001, 20:52
Nurries mate! That thread was shut down before this forum came under my watch, so I can merely speculate from a moderators point of view.

I think you've hit the nail on the head; what was an excellent, far-reaching discussion turned into a cat-fight with some fairly unsubtle references to legal action. As the job of a moderator is primarily to keep things focussed (and do the occasional bit of sweeping up!) I stand by the judgement call of whoever closed that thread.

I see where you are coming from with the "paranoia" however; only problem is my crystal ball hasn't arrived yet, so I can't second-guess people's possible ulterior motives.

My own personal envelope in this role is to ensure that threads stay on topic (or evolve naturally) and that the posters are playing the ball, not the player. That, along with ensuring that the posts stay within the basic, common sense rules everyone agreed to when they clicked on "Register." That'll keep me, but most importantly the guys who put in the hours to ensure this BB stays alive, happy.

:)

£6

[This message has been edited by Sick Squid (edited 27 January 2001).]

PPRuNe Towers
27th Jan 2001, 22:21
T'was I ITI,

With my little bow and arrow.

It was a pity the thread went the way it did. Although Gladiator is a single issue kind of guy he does have a sense of humour and has not been averse to a bit of self deprecating banter in the past.

Wasn't the case in the thread we're discussing and, let's face it, there was more than one participant. Therefore it got padlocked. I want to make it clear that Sick Squid wasn't on the watch at the time and the decision is down to me and me alone.

SS's final paragraph very accurately reflects his brief so it's well worth reading again. You also get the additional benefit (when we go broadband!) of a very talented musician. Great guy - we're very pleased to have him on board and I'm sure you'll get along famously.

Regards from the Towers
Rob Lloyd
[email protected]

[This message has been edited by PPRuNe Towers (edited 27 January 2001).]