PDA

View Full Version : Some idiot threw something at my eye

Put1992
20th May 2008, 20:10
Now, in the top right hand corner of my right eye, it is almost hazy to look through. It seems to be clearing up, but I am wondering if anybody knows if i should keep that eye shut, just to rest it.

Cheers

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
20th May 2008, 20:18
16 years old - go straight to your GP or the eye casualty at your local hospital NOW!

Put1992
20th May 2008, 20:31
incredibly hard to do so immediately. tommorow?

Blues&twos
20th May 2008, 21:30
Haziness can be as a result of eye tissue damage or infection. Or both.

You need to get this checked ASAP. If it's nothing to worry about all you've done is wasted a few hours. On the other hand....

What was thrown in your eye, out of curiosity?

gingernut
20th May 2008, 21:36
You do need urgent assessmet, and I certainly wouldn't like to take any responsibility for delaying something which could affect something so precious.

Balance your difficullties against possible permanent to your eyesight. Strapping the eye shut could be dangerous if a foreign body is present.

Could always give these people a ring, http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/articles/article.aspx?articleID=158 but I think they'll probably give you the same advice as on here so far.

Lydia Dustbin
21st May 2008, 05:18
put1992

you posted at about 2130 hrs, saying

ncredibly hard to do so immediately. tommorow?

by tomorrow do you mean 8-10 hrs later, ie when you get out of bed? I hope so. You must get it checked out as soon as is physically possible. There cannot be much going on that should over-ride the requirement to seek medical help on this one.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Put1992
21st May 2008, 07:27
Thanks for the responses.

Off to A and E now by taxi

NHS direct reckon ive scratched it, and it will heal in time, but any remaining debris in the eye could still do some damage, so im off to get it cleaned out

cheers

HEATHROW DIRECTOR
21st May 2008, 07:40
Good news that you've taken the advice offered on here and I hope all is well.

Put1992
21st May 2008, 11:59
Good news

I spent about 3 hours at A&E this morning. I explained to the nurse about flying, and how it was important I got the eye checked out just in case. Despite my efforts yesterday, I did not get all of the Bark out! (oh yeah, it was bark they threw in my eye) The doctor washed the eye out, then did a test to look for any scratches. It revealed none. Then he did a few field of vision tests, which showed I may have an incredibly small graze on the right of my eye, however this will clear up in a couple of days. Despite the graze, he said my field of vision was excellent!

Thanks for the input though guys, The doc said If I had not gone then, potentially, the debris in my eye could have scratched it, causing futher damage!

I have learnt two things over the last 24 hours. 1, Don't play football with idiots, they get bored and throw things

2. Get it checked out, despite how minimally severe it may seem!

Flying still on for saturday then!:D

Cheers

Beethoven
21st May 2008, 13:30
Good news mate. Don't forget to protect those ears too as you will have to have audiograms so watch the loud music/ipods you young folk enjoy. Look after yourslef. Best of luck!!

Beet.

AMEandPPL
21st May 2008, 23:24
hard to do so immediately. tomorrow?

Difficult to understand how anyone can be quite so dismissive
and blase about something so fundamentally important.

Put1992
22nd May 2008, 06:40
Difficult to understand how anyone can be quite so dismissive
and blase about something so fundamentally important.

I wasn't dismissing the idea of going though was I? I simply said I could not get there at that time. You can't make an assumption like that, from what I described in 1 post. There were no details of anything else apart from that I had hit my eye.

Anything else?

Hawk
22nd May 2008, 13:53
Well done put1992. Good advice to get immediate assistance. Glad it seems to have worked out for you. Thanks to all the members who quickly responded to this thread.