PDA

View Full Version : Qantas skills test and interview - cadetship

rudy.fidao
20th May 2008, 08:12
Hi all

I have only posted here (another sub-forum) once before, I believe it was back in Jan/Feb, just in case anyone who reads this remembers - thanks again for your replies.

My name is Rudy. I applied for the Qantas cadetship 2008 last year and went to do psychometric testing (no skills test as it was broken unfortunately). Initially they informed me that I was unsuccessful in applying for that, and despite the fact that flying was my dream, and I think still is, I commenced a medical degree that I was offered a place in, just to see if I could be suited to it (finance being the main barrier to flying).

I got a call from Qantas a week or so ago saying they are having a mid-year intake for their cadetship, and based on my results from testing last year, offered me an interview and an opportunity to do the skills test in a little under two weeks.

Basically, the question is:

- does anyone have any advice as to what this entails, or some tips?

I'd like to give this my best shot.

Any advice or thoughts would be appreciated.

Cheers
Rudy

greenslopes
20th May 2008, 23:13
What about those traing courses advertised in the paper, having said that there are a lot of Q pilots who have never done them.
Good Luck

majestic
26th May 2008, 04:12
If you have the money to travel to Sydney for the skills tests, go for it, if you really want it.

I also did the application last year without the skills test just the psycho, and got a rejection letter. Not lucky enough to get a call back.

I have also wanted to fly all my life, and have only just started, 12.4hrs now and I'm 25yrs old. After leaving high school I did a Advanced Dip in Aerospace Eng then moved into the Bachelor's degree in Aerospace(still doing part time).

There will always be time to come back to flying, but I wish I had of been able to start earlier. Having medicine behind you wouldn't be a bad place to be.

rudy.fidao
3rd Jun 2008, 06:15
Thanks for your thoughts and well-wishes chaps.

Went along and did test/skills so we'll see how we go.

Cheers
Rudy

chchflyboy
4th Jun 2008, 11:14
Hope it went well-

while we seem to be on the subject of aussie, whats the job market like there? Im across the ditch and know that we dont need to do any licence changes to fly/instruct there..
Are many jobs available that you have heard of?
Cheers, Paul

p.s. Damn you for taking robbie deans! stupid all blacks don't know what they are missing out on! you might finally beat us at rugga now :D

k8o
11th Sep 2008, 17:24
Hi All,
This reply is not directly related to the Qantas psychometric testing but, I need advice on the cadet recruitment process for airlines. I applied to Virgin Nigeria Airways and wrote a test for their pilot cadet program, which I passed but have no idea as to what to expect in the next testing process. Anybody with any ideas as to what happens next?

atminimums
14th Sep 2008, 00:17
k8o - most likely you will have to do some form of interview, probably a panel interview consisting of a HR delegate and a line pilot or two.

Dont quote me on that, but I think at most places this is the next step that follows a succesful testing period.

good luck :ok:

k8o
14th Sep 2008, 20:39
atminimums (http://www.pprune.org/members/211633-atminimums)- Thanks a whole lot for your reply. I've heard about possibly having a psychomotor test. How does one prep for such a test? any ideas will be highly welcome.

atminimums
15th Sep 2008, 22:19
k8o - there are a whole bunch of psych testing practice books available both online and from bookshops.. :8

Try searching in the d&g forums (general aviation) for the subject because I think there was mention of a good list of books not long ago.

Just tune up your basic maths, reading, comprehension and spatial ability skills.. The book are a great way. Search on amazon.com for a good start.

mins :cool: