PDA

View Full Version : Bye-bye Joseph

MAStake
24th Jun 2001, 03:11
It took a long time.
Maybe common sense will prevail after all.
The new team at MAS has sidelined Joseph and flight ops will be the better for it.

Shintaro9
24th Jun 2001, 03:42
MS..

Joe once had a bright future, infact brighter than Pygmie. I thought one day he'll be SVP FO. Was a hardworking fella but then became too much of a VP and got hated by the liners. Got holed up in the office..lost touch with reality and the liners. You guys in Management remember that you're there because of us the liners, so you're suppose to serve us (and not make us suffer with your cost cutting initiatives and other MBA management type programs which dont work in MAS). In those meetings you're suppose to look after us first and then the company's, not your interest only. Sad to say Pyg played politics and got the lucky breaks, while you the talented and hardworking one got the kick. Gotta play golf too. See Pyg cant play golf for nuts, but he took it up anyway, planned his flts so that he can swing with the bosses and see where he is now.

I dont think Joe 'll be out of management. I think they'll give him a title and put him in a corner. They'll make him do LA flights and write nice little circulars. They might even put him back at Flt Safety (he's supposedly famous in the safety circles). Dont count him out yet.

I am more worried where Snake's (remember, Pyg's ontime sidekick..the association days)gonna go.

Again, new structure, wrong people in place. Sad.. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

kurmitola
24th Jun 2001, 08:22
Well...
You cannot continue to be a snake and screw up all the planning forever . Whatever happens, Joseph deserve it and its way long overdue. Remember his fuel policy ? Threathening the exco members ?....Definitely a better flight ops without him. Look at those F/Os on the 777 whom were bypassed left, right, centre. Thats Joseph's planning...Dont worry abou what post he will get, I'm very sure one of the options will be get into MAPA and pick up a fight with the new management...seen it before ? You worry too much about Nicky, he's laughing and enjoying being out of Flt. Ops. You think he want to come back ?...Lets see....

OldAce
24th Jun 2001, 15:05
Good ridance to bad rubbish.

Shintaro9
26th Jun 2001, 18:30
Not yet good riddance. Latest I heard, they're keeping him as a GM, of what I dont know. However, there are moves to replace the training guy, apparently a move by the new SGM FO. Hmmm..how come?...interesting.

Any feedback on how the liners are taking the announcement regarding the new head honcho of flt ops? Any feedback on how the Camel is taking this? He was very busy tailing the new MD, but obviously Pygmie was preferred.

Heard also that they're gonna have only 3 chiefs, ie training, safety and technical. This move alone will cut cost and return MAS to profitability!

Hoping for light at the end of what has been a very long and dark tunnel. Cheers.

MAStake
27th Jun 2001, 04:43
If they keep him on as GM he'll end up like the Camel ...... with the title and pay. It'll end up like it was before, different clowns but same circus.

snowmanfx
30th Jun 2001, 13:57
MAS have not only gone one full circle but set back 30 yrs by mr 019 e.g. requiring orang putih to head engineering and commercial, just like when MAS was first created. Believe those 'pioneers' are back in favour, will hold most senior and middle management positions. At least, old fashion management is better than incompetency.

May be MAS should change the wau to pheonix :)

Troley
3rd Jul 2001, 17:30
Hey Shint

Quote ...You guys in Management remember that you're there because of us the liners, so you're suppose to serve us (and not make us suffer with your cost cutting initiatives and other MBA management type programs which dont work in MAS)... Unquote

Tell me this is wind-up, or are you just trying to improve the image of Cockpit Crew to the great unwashed?

Troley

Shintaro9
9th Jul 2001, 18:57
Hello Troley..

This is no wind-up. With the company's performance, I feel we're pilots with the lowest morale in the region, if not the world. Under the Doc, tell me was there anything that they did that really benefitted us? No not really yes. We got into this predicament because during those management meetings (i'm talking about the ones on the 33rd floor), I was told that not even once did any of the flt ops rep said anything to defend the pilots position. That's why we lost a lot of ground and with it recognition and respect. Tell me when they buy planes, are we consulted. No. When the time comes, they say driver go fetch the plane. We have a Tech & Dev Dept, but their recommendations rarely followed.

Now with Pyg in charge, I hope he has the ears of the MD. Lets see whether he can deliver and in the end we the liners benefit . I hope he doesnt do things to benefit only himself and his friends.

The first few things he should do is give us a pay rise, ensure proper roster distribution, give us proper hotels for our overseas rest, ensure that we get good equipment (no yellow stickers), you know do all the things to make our flight legal and above all safe.

And off course, he should do his best to improve the image of MAS pilots. We need it.

Cheers... ;)

OldAce
10th Jul 2001, 16:33
Shintaro9 says: The first few things he should do is give us a pay rise..

I wanna, give give now,now, the trend of the new generation.

The airline is in a power dive to bankruptcies with no capable “pilot” to pull it out to safety.

Work 10 years and want to earn $50,000 per month.

Pay rise….I think they should cut it by half.

Shintaro9
13th Jul 2001, 15:52
Gang..

Back to the original thread..bye2 Joe, well latest I heard, he's been offered a "job" in town office.

By the grace of the Emperor, Hara Kiri kah? What is happening??

Shintaro9 :confused:

Shintaro9
15th Jul 2001, 08:43
OA and all,

Konichiwa...but, we in live in the new generation. We have to change, that's why "I want, give, give now..". My house rent's going up and up, my car installments going up, my wife needs more money, my kids are going to uni, food cost more, ringgit worthless overseas, USD strong...etc. In terms od cost, everything is going up. Sir, I know my worth and in MAS I deserve to be paid more. Yes RM 50 000 per month is a reasonable figure. Oh..company going bankcrupt, not my fault, but I'm a reasonable fella, I'll take RM 49,999 per month. Thanks.

The CX boys amongst the best paid in the world, yet fighting for more. They know their worth.

As for company going into power dive, I agree no "pilot" can pull it out to safety. This is an unavoidable crash situation already. I see a "new" airline being formed. And you're right, our pay'll be cut in half.

Ohio Gozaimas...Shintaro :D

OldAce
15th Jul 2001, 14:45
What happened to all the managements trainees the airline trained 20 years ago. Most had disappeared to greener pastures. Only the lousey yesman types left behind.

It's time we front-liners takes over the management of the airline from those dumkoffs. Not just as DFO or VPs....but as MDs or even Executive chairman.

I'm sure among the 5000+ pilots there be a handful who will be very good airline managers.

Guys go get your MBA,connections,clouts and be the real runners...

PILOST
15th Jul 2001, 19:29
My dear Old Ace,

Obviously you're not with MAS & trying to stir **** :rolleyes:

5000+ PILOTS? :confused: Where did you get that figure?

Again Old Ace, you're the weakest link..... GOODBYE!

:cool:
PILOST

[ 15 July 2001: Message edited by: PILOST ]

OldAce
16th Jul 2001, 15:43
Sorry guys.....typos error. It should read 1000+ pilots.

Pilost if you're so good try to give a suggestion how to pull MAS out of its death dive.

I bet you don't even know how to recover a Jumbo if it get a big jet upset and goes into a spin. What do you know about incipient spin, upright or inverted spins and its basic recovery methods.

What? Boeing never teach you.....there's more to flying than the manuals.

Only the AirForce guys knows this and the very old civilian pilots(trained in the 60's in Scotland).

MAStake
17th Jul 2001, 10:26
Never heard of a jumbo going into a spin.
There's nice to know and need to know.

OldAce
17th Jul 2001, 11:14
Well the ones that had crashed over the years with unknown reasons given could had spun out of the sky. Any aircraft can go into a spin for your information.

In this decade there was the case of China Airline jumbo going into a spin dive and recovered with a twisted tail.

Singapore Airline jumbo had 3 jet upsets in 1996,1997 and 1998 though not much publicity was given to it for obvious reasons. They were trying to catch flight levels too early I suppose.

Well it's nice NOT to know but if it ever happened to you....what do you know!

tigerwood
17th Jul 2001, 12:47
Give a Big Clap to OldAce. In my entire life, this is my first time i came across an ACE PILOT or should it be an ASS Pilot.

PILOST
17th Jul 2001, 15:07
Take it easy guys ;)

Old Ace requires the training for spins & stall recovery......because they are the jokers who statistically get into the jet upset conditions!

Situational awareness (which Old Ace lacks....look at his typo errors!) is the safety barrier to these non normal flight conditions.The Air China 747SP which went into a dive was caused by a failure of one of the engines & both pilots were engrossed with the malfunction rather than flying the a/c.Needless to say the recovery technique was a visual one!Same goes for the SQ's jet upset......self induced.

At the end of the day, all pilots are trained to recover from unusual attitudes as part of their training syllabus.The trick is not to get into one in the first place :p

A quote from a wise pilot "A superior pilot uses his superior knowledge to avoid using his superior skills!"

Old Ace.....take a rest, if not you might not make it to your retirement!

:cool:
PILOST

[ 17 July 2001: Message edited by: PILOST ]

Shintaro9
22nd Jul 2001, 14:14
Joe, Mi and Sam..

Join la CAL or Asiana, that's where all the former chiefs, IPs and examiners' ended up. Also after the reshuffle, you make people uncomfortable when you fly with them la.. :o

But..first you gotta pass their astronauts' physical, then the sim flight test. Simple for others, but for you all, well...this time no buddy buddy to check you out.

And there's a waiting list, no preferential treatment this time. Line up, the queue starts here.

sayonara....... ;)

CAPTAIN WOOBLAH
29th Jul 2001, 09:06
Farewell Joe,

Your stint in management was a disaster, you blackie and all your goons really made a mess of everything you touched. Why don't all of you get together and throw yourselves into the spinning N1 of a trent. Now you know how it feels to be a nobody!!! no more lies to the boys from you!!! Say one thing and do another. Unfortunatly Pygmi and gang will be no better, pygmi could'nt tell nose or arse from an aircraft and his management skills are zero, on par with his knowledge base. Just a yes man seat warming ball carrier. MAS deserves to go under with choices like this, same crap slightly different smell.

The MD, blind as a bat no aviation background feeling his way around as the debt continues to rise, what a laugh. Want's to issue non redemable share issue, posts a prospectus and gets screwed by the PM for saying the airline won't be split, what a laugh.

So joe, hamsandwich blackie and gang what a loss of face where you gona run too! all of us who have left are waiting for you, your life is going to be hell, hope I get to do your sim ride. You are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea, stay and lose face or go elsewhere and meet us. What will it be.

What goes around comes around,

Captain Wooblah. :D

Back Seat Driver
4th Aug 2001, 02:19
GO WOOBLAH..... :D Cheers Bro. :D

zxamx
7th Aug 2001, 04:57
At least Joe & cronies are still lucky to fly the wide-body jets. If I were the MD, I will put him in RAS fleet under the "Constructive Dismissal" clause. Serve them right !!!!