PDA

View Full Version : Rishworths "NEW" 747/777

ttesna
22nd Mar 2001, 22:05
Now who is this fishing in unchartered waters?
No second guessing no with those requirements?
Really""
Nobody available to fly the shinny new toys at sq?

ultrajetfuel
23rd Mar 2001, 04:20
what are you talking about? wanna try to be clearer in your posting? we shall all see. we shall all see.

ultra

Bokomoko
23rd Mar 2001, 15:23
Worldwide bases at SQ?
Couldn't it be CAL?

QNH1013
25th Mar 2001, 09:22
Huh???

Hypoxia999
25th Mar 2001, 09:26
Moderator,

Please close this thread. Pure nonsense.

WLT
26th Mar 2001, 04:52
Sick Squid,

What rubbish?!? A rumor network not a nonsense network this is. Please close it.

Sick Squid
28th Mar 2001, 00:46
Thanks folks, but no, I won't close it just now. Like you I have almost no idea what it is about ( :)) but part of my role as moderator is to let things develop naturally. There might be something here, my crystal ball is too cloudy to tell just yet, so let's wait and see.

Now, if the original poster would state the case a litle clearer, then we might all be the wiser.

Sick Squid
Far East Forum Moderator

Goofyfoot
28th Mar 2001, 15:13
ttesna,
I feel the anglers could be SQ.Not another '89?

747400CA
28th Mar 2001, 17:17
Evidently not rubbish - SQ recruitment through several agencies - Oz basings likely.

Goofyfoot - would you mind sharing your tale of '89 for the uninformed among us?

Kind regards and thanks to all.

Ultra
29th Mar 2001, 00:19
Let's see now......de-encrypted translation:

Cessna with a double T is saying that Rishworth's (a New Zealand based contract employer) has advertised recently for 747/777 crew based in the Pacific Rim.

It would appear that these fleet types are common to Singapore Airline(SQ).....further it would appear that industrial problems are on the rise there. Rishworth's have been approached by SQ management to find contract crew (at hugely discounted rates-typical of Rishworth, one of the worst payers in the business) to quell any industrial uprising or indeed to replace current SQ flt crew.

In 1989, probably the worst case of an aviation industrial dispute occurred in Australia, where 1,645 domestic Airline pilots (the entire domestic fleet) were involved.

International Airlines and the Air Force were used to provide services during the 9 month dispute and effectively broke the strike action - there are obvious parallels here.

Approximately 1200 pilots lost their jobs permanently, moved overseas or retired from Aviation........there must be 10,000,000 words on the topic in the PPRuNe archives and most readers of this forum probably don't believe you would ask this question in sincerity !

English, when applied properly, is quite a useful language...... maybe the instigators
of this thread should try the SPY network: "PSPooN".

UJfuel.......no prize for 2nd place....best wishes.......ULTRA !

(Edited for typo's only non-spellcheck equipped.)

[This message has been edited by Ultra (edited 28 March 2001).]