PDA

View Full Version : Average pay on large biz jet.

Crossunder
19th May 2008, 16:20
Sorry if this is a rerun Q, but I canīt get my head around the search function on this forum...

What is the approximate pay for FO/FC, on a B737/B767 biz jet these days?
Iīm asking, because I want to have some sort of benchmark figures to lean on if a certain job offer is made next week. What would be minimum; what would be regarded as excellent T & Cs for this kinda work? :)

mutt
19th May 2008, 18:57
I think that you should look at the complete package and not just the salary. Where will you be based, what are the rotations home, are you staying in hotel or compound, who pays for your recurrent training, loss of licence, medical insurance etc......

Finally, try to get paid in Euros, its soul destroying to watch your salary drop with the US$ :(

Mutt

No RYR for me
20th May 2008, 07:51
PPJN.com has most rates on there. Good luck!:ok:

pilotbear
20th May 2008, 09:13
with all due respect, if you can't operate an internet site on your PC how can you expect to be trusted operate a large flying computer?:E

south coast
20th May 2008, 09:35
Thats a constructive reply pilotbear.

There is no rule with posting on Pprune saying you must search or read all threads before posting.

Yes, it may be anoying, but so is reading comments like yours.

Sorry crossunder, I have no idea of salaries, but good advice from mutt, look at the whole package.

Crossunder
20th May 2008, 21:43
Well... I just didnīt get the search results I was hoping for. What I meant was that there are probably threads covering my question, but the search engine returns too many irrelevant hits.

...but thanks for all (but one) replies! :)

cldrvr
21st May 2008, 09:26
The search engine of pprune is rubbish, using google to search pprune works

pilotbear
21st May 2008, 09:34
don't like it, don't read it:ok:

and it was a legitimate question. The poster could well be the safest, most experienced, efficient pilot in the history of aviation but the posting does not inspire confidence does it?
Think about it if you have the extra capacity?:E

and there is an advanced search engine facility, just takes time and logic. However, using google does work as was previously stated.

things not to agree to:
Travelling in your off duty time
Being on standby (to help out) during your off duty time
You paying breakfast out of your per diems (Bed and Bfast paid by company, this sounds petty but in some hotels bfast is 30 euro)
Paying for anything then claiming it back
Don't count perdiems in your overall gross figure

have been paid as low as 30K and high as 80K Euro

contracts are very variable too
Have done permanent on duty although weekend flights were rare
Month on month off
Two month on one off
Two weeks on one off (with small variations) seems common

I find the month on duty working whatever and wherever is necessary then month off is good. Depends on family commitments

south coast
21st May 2008, 10:08
You said...

don't like it, don't read it:ok:

and it was a legitimate question. The poster could well be the safest, most experienced, efficient pilot in the history of aviation but the posting does not inspire confidence does it?
Think about it if you have the extra capacity?:E

So, you are able to judge someone's ability by how they post?

In that case your childish use of cartoon characters displays a lack of maturity and hardly inspires confidence does it?

TW*T!

Crossunder
21st May 2008, 14:37
Well - I donīt mind pilotbearīs comment about my abilities. Several test batteries, form Air Force to Airline, have proved me to be quite capable to handle an aircraft. I have my training record to back it up :ok: That aside:
Thanks for the tips about t&c, pilotbear! :) I guess Iīm expecting quite good t&c-s, since I would probably be forfeiting the CX deal to accept this package...

pilotbear
21st May 2008, 21:10
if it is so childish to use emoticons why are they on here and available on every internet messenger site in the world? or are you that cocky that you are going to include everyone in that remark.
Inspires confidence in what?

If someone can't see the implications from the wording before they post then it can imply careless, not a trait to demonstrate when asking about a job. I'm as guilty of it as anyone especially when I have only a few minutes on the net.

However, on a more serious note; If you are going to resort to name calling then give me your address or I will give you mine ( most people know me from my profile which I have made the effort to fill in) and you can call the names to my face...........or perhaps you are full of anonymous sh**e.:ugh:

Good luck Crossunder, pm me if you have any more questions:ok::ok:

fanfree
26th May 2008, 10:25
anything between U$ 7000 - U$ 9000 for a F/O
anything between US12000 - U$19000 for a Capt