PDA

View Full Version : Pelangi Airways

MadChinaman
22nd Jun 2001, 20:48
Hi Fellow Ppruners,
I am a newbie to this forum and I must say that it is indeed informative and entertaining. Would anyone be able to provide me with the latest developments with regards to Pelangi Airways as I have heard that they are getting B737s for their future ops. Your kind comments is very much appreciated. Thanks!!!!

[This message has been edited by MadChinaman (edited 22 June 2001).]

a330
22nd Jun 2001, 21:59
they're going bankrupt !!!! and they kinda suck !!!!

QNH1013
23rd Jun 2001, 13:56
737's for Pelangi?
Sorry but that's just not reliable news/gossip I'm afraid. They are not doing very well at the moment but then who is?
They are down to single aircraft ops at the moment if I am not wrong. They are getting by at least for now. It was pretty embarassing to read in the papers about how much they owed in charges to Subang Airport.
All the best to them and the crews that are there right now. I often look at them when I'm parked next to their aircraft and wonder how they are getting on, but still count my lucky stars that I am where I am instead of there.

Shintaro9
24th Jun 2001, 02:59
Pelangi owes creditors lotsa money. They also owe MAS a lot of money and MAS is down approx RM1.3 billion. MAS is technically bankcrupt and so is Pelangi. I think there is no pot of gold at the end of Pelangi (rainbow in Bahasa).

MadChinaman
25th Jun 2001, 20:52
Wow,
Thanks guys for the updates, the reason I posted this thread was for a mate who has an interview with them for a co-pilot position and was told that they will be getting them jets soon. Well, I guess its back to flying a desk again for him....!!!

Btw, any opportunity for a low time S'porean in this part of the woods? SQ rejected his applications and he is desperate for any flying job. Don't understand their funny recruitment policies?????

Cheers!!!

QNH1013
26th Jun 2001, 10:57
"funny recruitment policies?????"
We all know about that with SIA and the same could be said with MAS! Jahudi doesn't know what's good for him or the airline.
Anyway we won't get in to that.....

I would say alL the best to your friend. I do know Pelangi advertised for a co-pilot recently. At least it's a JOB And I think Pelangi will manage to struggle through somehow.

mktong
26th Jun 2001, 14:29
Hie QNH1013,
can u do me a favour please?do u mind to tell me where can i get to know all the advertistment for pilot,eg where did pelangi advertist their vacancy?im keen to look for a slot for a co pilot vancancy.

many thanks in advance
cheers...

QNH1013
27th Jun 2001, 15:40
mktong,
Pelangi advertised in the local paper. I think they were only loking for one pilot and the advert was more than a month ago. It's very hard to get a flying job here in Malaysia even if you do have experience. Sorry I can't be of more help but the best I can do is tell you "I'VE HEARD" that Transmile will have some vacancy in the near future. I am not 100% sure about this. I don't know if it will be for Captains or Co-Pilots but either way I am pretty sure you'll require experience. Any Transmile guys on this forum could probably tell you more. MAS take low houred direct entry if you are very lucky. Just apply everywhere and be prepared to keep applying and re-applying and getting no or not very encouraging replies. But never ever give up, and try looking outside Malaysia for a job if possible, for more opportunities.

mktong
27th Jun 2001, 20:15
QNH1013,
Thank you very much for the message.
regarding the transmile employment,they required experience,is flight instructing considered an experience to them?
or they need air operations experience?
by the way,is 1000+ hours of piston engine considered sufficient experience?

QNH1013
29th Jun 2001, 09:04
I am not sure about what they want. I can only say that 1000+ Hrs may be a useful start. Best to contact them directly.
good luck.