PDA

View Full Version : Chieftain Drivers NT

troppont
19th May 2008, 11:01
Anyone Notice the advert in the AFAP for the Chieftain Drivers somewhere in Darwin, but no company name? Curiosity got the better of me and I sent a email to the only contactable address on the advert. Seems shifty operators still exist in the Top End. Two come to mind Aus*** and the long lost sister Dir***ai*. Here is the reply I got, talk about dangling carrots.

I'm sorry but I am unable to disclose the company name until interview stage. The positions are based in Darwin, and flying operations are run from the Northern GA area of Darwin International airport. We currently have 2 Chieftains and 2 Navajo's and are awaiting arrival of 2 C-310. We also operate a number of single engine aircraft. If you would like to be considered for these roles please forward a CV when possible.

Yours sincerely.

Fat chance of sending a CV to some dodgy operator. I have been there and got shafted, should have known better.
:ouch::confused:

Desert Flower
19th May 2008, 11:21
and the long lost sister Dir***ai*.

My money's on that one, for what it's worth!

DF.

Hasselhof
19th May 2008, 12:04
It'll be AV8 100%

Skystar320
19th May 2008, 12:43
has anyone applied for the DHC-5 Buffalo job up in Darwin?

Tiger 77
19th May 2008, 13:20
has anyone applied for the DHC-5 Buffalo job up in Darwin?

I have now... thanks for the info :ok:

Cheers
Tiger.

AussieNick
19th May 2008, 14:53
I can gaurentee you won't get shafted with that mob. Why? cause up until last week i worked with them. the only reason i left was to finish my CPL training in Victoria due to the lack of an instructor in Darwin. The guys who are there are all brilliant and great to work with. They will definatly be a very successful charter company in the years to come.

rmcdonal
19th May 2008, 19:37
You worked with them and now your going for your CPL... thats an interesting way of doing things...:}

Ah that would be the door......

tipped off
19th May 2008, 22:55
Who's running the show seems like a lt of money going in and its obviosly private ops as one guy left to do his CPL.

strange add

Capt Wally
19th May 2008, 23:10
'AussieNick' may not have been working for this mystical crowd in a pilot capacity. He didn't actually mention he was there as a pilot pvt or otherwise. I guess we can expect to see it all these days but one has to wonder why the secrecy?

CW

Hasselhof
19th May 2008, 23:29
I imagine that the secrecy is due to the fact that lots of people in aviation (especially those ex. Darwin) have axes to grind which might scare off potential employees.

Good luck with the CPL AussieNick :ok: Its a pity that the Darwin instructor shortage has put you in this situation but its all worth it in the end.

AussieNick
20th May 2008, 03:40
Yep, i was doing desk work, while waiting for an instructor to show up. When that never happened, I decided to move. But like I said, they are a great bunch to work with.

Socket
20th May 2008, 04:14
Its not D.A. or A.J. its obviously Ti**. Look out for Hon*.

Stationair8
20th May 2008, 04:26
If thats the case best brush up on the forced landing techniques for Chieftains in case you get a "practice" double engine failure on your check flight!!

Just remember red Knobs forward keep the engines running smoother.

tinpis
20th May 2008, 04:31
Straight in deadstick for the Coconut Grove Low Tide Land On :ok:

AussieNick
20th May 2008, 04:34
:rolleyes: :}

White_line_fever
20th May 2008, 06:54
aussie nick:

What flying school are you going to down in vic?

AussieNick
20th May 2008, 07:07
Latrobe Valley Aero Club, since all my family is in that area, and I've heard nothing but excellent things about them.

White_line_fever
20th May 2008, 07:53
good to hear.

i have likewise heard good things, i only asked because there are alot of dodgy ones around in vic thats all.

cheers mate and good luck with it all

skimmmer.aus
20th May 2008, 11:00
That would be AV8 if they own 2 chieftains and 2 Navajo's, the white ones with the yellow and blue trim. AV8 came up here to do flying training, but instead of doing flying training they are only doing charter.

AussieNick
20th May 2008, 11:43
Skimmer, as far as I was aware they are still trying to do Training, but are having a hard time finding a GRD2/1 to fill to position.

Lasiorhinus
20th May 2008, 14:26
You cant go wrong with Latrobe Valley Aero Club!

Fantastic social atmosphere, excellent instructors, people with a genuine love of flying, and no pretentiousness.

And sausages every Saturday! :ok:

Pinky the pilot
21st May 2008, 03:39
they own 2 chieftains

What registration?

Just curious.

troppont
21st May 2008, 03:43
Most likely operate and not own. We're talking about one half of the dodgy brothers here. I think the rego's are; CYV & DMF.

Socket
21st May 2008, 03:52
Operating under P.B's AOC with leased aircraft from another person, CYV DMF and one other.:oh:

Chadzat
21st May 2008, 05:53
When this thread popped up about THAT ad, I thought someone would have already said what I am about to say-

Reading 'their' advert on AFAP I couldn't help but think of why you would actually send in a full application with only those details to go on. Not only that but as a poster on this thread even enquired about the company name only to be told "you will find out when we arrange an interview". WHAT ARROGANCE! :yuk:

Apparently this sort of thing (no company given in ad) happened all the time a few years ago when pilots were more plentiful, but I must admit I wasn't around in the industry in those dark days 5 odd years ago. There is no way I would apply for a job when I don't even know who I am applying to, where they operate, where they fly to (region if charter)etc...... How do they expect you to do an interview!? Question: "Why do you want to work for XXX charter?" Answer: "If thats who you are then no way do I want to work for XXX charter!"

Surely there is a consumer/industrial relations law that says in a publically displayed job ad the company name must be given, or recruitment company name if done that way.

end rant

troppont
21st May 2008, 09:26
They are the exact reasons i sent an email to them to see if I could find out more for others that might be tempted by Hon* and his bull****. I think the other Navajo is RNG. The aircraft are probably owned by Tiwi College. The story seems to go, one Dark Kiwi got caught doing some fishy ops in the PA-31 without the proper AOC and/or private charter.
Should here some of the pilots on the radio!:}

MakeItHappenCaptain
21st May 2008, 12:49
Don't know much about charter ops other than VTR's on the way up.
An instructor was lined up to go there, given fresh Chief endo to boot to help with charter, and apparently on the way through Isa 4 days later was called for a Darwin ETA and said he'd found another job.
Nice form.....:uhoh:
Obviously doesn't want a job with anyone to do with QF down the track....:E:E:E

bush mechanics
21st May 2008, 13:09
Aussenick,
just wondering,Did you get payed for doing desk time?

In The Sky
21st May 2008, 23:04
Was thinking of heading north to direct air. Can anyone provide feedback about what they are like to work for in case I am wasting my time?

AussieNick
22nd May 2008, 00:16
Bush, yeah mate I was getting Paid