PDA

View Full Version : Bizjet Crew Hours

Jeps
19th May 2008, 10:48
Hi all,

Working around Bizjets I Have noticed that the crews don't have to abide by the hour regulations like the airlines do. For Example flights of in excess of 10 hours only require a crew of 2 where in an airline it would be a crew of 3 etc. I am wondering what the hour specifications for Bizjet crews are and if they do rest in flight even with the 2 crew.

Cheers

African Drunk
19th May 2008, 10:59
AOC operations have FTL's. Private operations have no FTL's hence operating a private G550 long range made me the most f**king knackered I have ever been.

cldrvr
19th May 2008, 14:49
I have had numerous trips where I saw the sun rise twice before coming of duty.

Gulfstreamaviator
19th May 2008, 15:00
its a great aircraft, but yes a very long day, followed by a short rest, then another long day.
Got the T Shirt too.

merlinxx
19th May 2008, 18:21
FTLs in certain non JAA/EASA regimes are a feckin disaster! FAR 91/135 for US BIZAV is a bloody joke! I have been involved in air carrier (UK & US 91/121) the only real attempt at scientific application of duty/fatigue etc., brought us CAP371 back in the early 70s.

Nope I'm not a driver, but I'm never going to board a Sabre, Jetstar, Hawker, G-11/111/IV/V, DA50/900, CL, BBJ, ACJ etc without having a hands on the
control of the crews FTLs. This is a basic of Flight Safety.

I've been around too many knackered crews, to want to be there again.

I've been through FAR 91 to 121, the FAA FOI had shag all knowledge of appropriate FTLs.

Rest my case!

I guess that's why I don't like exploiting crews!

NZ X man
22nd May 2008, 05:04
Yes I also have joined the "SECOND Sunrise CLUB" as a corporate cockpit legionaire. Ain't it great!:}

Defenestrator
22nd May 2008, 06:07
Part 91 Flight and Duty Limitations are a joke. Very closely followed by Part 125 (is there a difference??). Flight and Duty SHOULD be about fatigue management but no-one in management wants to hear that. There is no other job in the world that I can think of that promotes such practices. 14 hrs ON/ 10 hrs OFF and the 10 off includes transport time to/from the airport. It's about time F&D's where called fatigue management. Give it a real name and then, and only then, might we see some realistic changes. In the meantime....:ugh:

D